Chapter 6~ The Cliff

Tris's POV

~~~~~~~~

As soon as the words leave his mouth, the whole group gasps. Outside the shelter of the train, was a ledge positioned next to a waterfall. The mist leaving a glistening coat on the black rock.

"Alright, this is our stop." Four calls, motioning to the door.

As the other initiates begin to jump, I turn to Four. "Are you coming?"

"No, I ah..." He rubs the back of his neck, looking embarrassed. "No, I won't be." He smiles shyly.

Nodding, I turn to the door, letting myself lean out enough for gravity to take me. I feel the wind brush my hair back, and sing through my clothes, before my feet touch the soft ground. Christina lands next to me, catching her breath. Everyone makes it, including the Dauntless born. And Eric. He smiles at me, and I blush. Christina slaps my shoulder.

"Stop it!!" She hisses. I shrugg, grinning.

Eric leads the initiates to the edge of the cliff. "This, is the Cliff. The Dauntless use it as an escape."

"What do you mean escape?" Will piped up.

"An escape from boredom." He grinned wildly, gesturing to the waterfall.

Our mouths fell open. The waterfall lead down to a deep pool, that eventually lead to the lake.

"You want us to jump off THAT?" Molly practically screeched.

"Are you Dauntless?" His voice harsh and cold.

"Yeah." Molly rolled her eyes.

"Then you won't have a problem." He smiled evilly.

I heard Al suck in a deep breath, and shiver beside me. I touched his shoulder, and he gave me an appreciative glance. We stepped over rocks and dead bushes, over to the waterfall. Christina gave me a worried glance before following the rest of the group. I end up last in the line, with Will fourth, Al sixth and Christina fifth. Lynn steps up to the waterfall, an excited gleam in her eyes. Uriah whispered something to her, and she stucks out her tongue. Her squeals followed her all the down the mountain. Eventually, after all the other initiates went, it was just me and Christina. She glanced at me and gave a weak smile, before leaning forward slightly. Enough to make her fall. My palms sweated, and my hair was pushed back and stuck out. Before I realized I wasn't alone on the Cliff. Eric, gently placed a hand on my elbow, tugging me away from the edge.

"Come on." He gestured.

Leading me toward a narrow path down the waterfall, rapping inside the Cliff. Eventually, we came to an exit. It opened to show the back of the waterfall. The walls were moist and slick. Gasping at the beauty, I stood, mouth open wide. The sun shown through the water, casting long blueish lines on the walls. Suddenly, I trip, almost landing on my back. Eric catches me by the elbow, and smiles down at me. Leaning over me, he wipes the hair out my eyes.

With a concerned smile he asks, "I never asked if you were ok? I saw you fall."

"Yeah..." I say breathlessly as he pulls me up. I find my face next to his, a sly smile on his lips. He brings me forward slightly, and kisses me gently. I feel myself stiffen, but I relax and kiss him back. Warmth spreads through me, the mist from the water sprinkling over us. His black hair is warm and smooth, as I glide my hand through it. He is warm and gentle, different from what he is in training or with Four.

A curious expression crosses my face as I ask. "What happened between you and Four?"

He looks down for a moment. "Its a long story."

I nod, and slid my hand to his neck. "Are the others ok?"

"I'm not suppose to tell you. Your suppose to face your fear." He smiles, and grabs my hand, leading me out of the cave. We stand together back on the edge. "I'll be right behind you."

I jump. Because I trust him.

~~~~~~~~

First entree for today!! Not actually sure I'll be able to post another, due to family stuff, but if not, PLZ tell me how mad you are in the comments. I will post another tomorrow if not today! Thanks!!

~Silver