Chapter 2~ Shocked

Tris's POV

~~~~~~~~

After I got back I wander through the Dauntless halls. I find myself in the training hall where Four threw knifes at my head. I hear a soft clink and look up to see Eric, a bundle of knifes at his feet. He pulls his arm back, and brings it forward over his head, letting it fly toward the target. It lands square in the middle, with a small bang. He looks over at me, his expression loose and careless. His hair is smooth and combed back. He steps over to the board, and carefully pulls his knives loose. The he walks over to me holding out three of the five knifes.

"Throw them." He ordered.

"What?" I say surprised.

"I want to see you throw them."

I take the knives cautiously. My fingers accidentally brush his and I ignore the feeling and step toward the targets. Careful to do it right, I bring my elbow back and hurl the knife at the target. It hits it just right of the target and sticks. I glance back at Eric and he looks impressed. A shudder rises through me but I force it back.

"You know, I didn't mean anything this afternoon." He says, and he catches me by surprise.

"Are you apologizing?" I gasp.

"I might be. But it'll lead up to me facing my fear. Being brave." He steps closer, and presses his lips to mine.

"Bravery and stupidity are two different things." I mutter breathlessly. "That was stupidity."

"Might have been. But I did it." He smirks and leans in and kisses me again. "And I did it again."

I stand there dumb-founded.

"What? Surprised? Shocked?" He laughs, and I can't help but notice his hands on my waist.

"Nervous. What happened to that whole 'Isn't he a little old for you?' stuff?" I murmur.

"Age is overrated." He winks.

I feel myself leaning in, but instead I place my hand on his shoulder and softly push him away. He holds me tight, not letting me escape.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask.

"I like you." A smile.

"But you didn't this afternoon?"

"Just nervous, scared. Angry."

"About what?"

"You. I saw you leave, and slap Four. Can't say I didn't laugh at that part, but..." He blushes. Then he looks confused. "Why did you lie? About kissing him?"

"Well, to be honest, your pretty intimidating Eric." I stutter.

"Yeah, well I try to be to the initiates." He laughs and I nod.

"I told you I'd pay more attention to your training." He whispers. "I'm just living up to my promise."

He slowly backs up, removing his hands from my waist. He picks up the knifes, before leaving the room. I stand where I started. Shocked and feeling oddly happy. Or pleasure.