"Why don't you jump into my arms like Lucy?" Lauren pouted, her hands coming to rest on top of mine on the metal fence.

"We both know how that will end." I teased, recalling the incident in the lake. "Besides, I don't want to be one of those cheesy couples."

Lauren stuck her tongue at me, her hand sneaking around my neck to pull my lips to hers. "You're the definition of adorable, how can we not be?"

"That might be true." I murmured, leaning in for another kiss and eagerly accepting when Lauren deepened it. The metal of the fence pressed into my front as I grasped at Lauren's body, desperately wanting to get closer.

Abruptly, a hand grabbed my shoulder and let out a groan as my lips separated from Lauren, my eyes opening slowly as I met Ally's smug face.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" I scowled at the smaller girl.

"Trust me. I could see you were getting busy." She hinted, effectively causing my cheeks to fire up. "I think everyone could see." She joked as I slapped her on the arm, which caused her to slap me back until we were in a constant battle of stubbornness.

Lauren's chuckle in the background was the only thing ending it.

"What are you laughing at?" I glared. "It's partly your fault!"

Lauren immediately raised her arms in defense. "I'm innocent, don't drag me into this." She said with a grin, clearly amused. I rolled my eyes and turned away with a huff. Next thing I knew, Lauren jumped over the fence, hugging me from behind while leaving her head on my shoulder.

"Don't be mad at me, Camz." She pleaded and I couldn't really keep up the façade any longer. She was just so cute!

Ally suddenly coughed and I was about to glare at her again until I saw the figure behind her.

"I think there's someone trying to make contact with Lauren here." Ally chimed in and sent Lauren a glance before she kissed my cheek. 

"I'll catch up with you."

I nodded, linking my arm with Ally, giving them some privacy.

"You two looked pretty cozy." Ally nudged me, wearing that smirk that made me roll my eyes.

"Stop it. When did you start teasing me for my relationship?" I frowned, looking at my smiling bestfriend.

"The man looks very important," Ally noted. "What are they talking about?"

I sighed, looking over at Lauren who was deeply concentrated in the conversation. "Basically, they're discussing how much time we get to spend together later." 

Ally gave me a confused look, understandably not grasping the point. Ignoring it, I feigned a smile. "Let's buy something to eat, I'm starving!"

-

Lauren's POV

After hearing that the man's team was willing to give me a trial period, I automatically stopped listening. It was too surreal. Playing for a more severe team had always been my dream. Immediately pausing my focus, I searched for Camila. She was still hanging around with Ally near the kiosk.

If only the man would finish up so I could share the great news with her. It took another five minutes before he shook my hand firmly. "North Miami Beach will be thrilled to get a player with such potential as yourself, Miss Jauregui."

I froze, my head becoming a blur. In the middle of the good news, I must have missed what team he'd been talking about. North Miami was much further away than what I had originally planned. The man stared at me, noticing my hesitation.

"Something wrong, Miss Jauregui?"

"It's just the team. I never expected it to be so far away." I replied.

He arched his brow and I instantly regretted telling him. "This is a huge opportunity for someone your age, Lauren. Playing with this team will not only improve your skills dramatically. The whole experience will prepare you for the higher leagues. Besides, there will be an apartment arranged while for your stay."

"How many days are we talking about?"

"Five to six days a week, at most. Naturally, Sundays will be your off day, and if you make the team, there'll be a few weeks pause occasionally." He stated, checking his clock before politely dismissing himself.

A year ago I'd jump at the opportunity immediately, but now, looking at Camila laughing I knew there was a lot more at stake.

I walked over to them, my arms sneaking around her torso and bringing her laughing body into me. She hummed peacefully, leaning the back of her head on my chest. "What did he say?"

"It's not important. We can talk about it later." I assured, wanting to spend some time with her without worrying.

-

Camila's POV

Complete silence ensued between us in the chilly weather. All day, I'd had this feeling that there was something on Lauren's mind. Especially the way her eyes were staring blankly in front of her, not focusing too much on anything.

I took a deep breath, bringing up the inevitable. "Did the man say anything? Are you making the team?" I asked, trying to sound encouraging.

Lauren's eyes didn't budge from the firm direction. "He asked me to join his team." She told severely.

I felt genuine excitement fester in the bottom of my stomach. "That's great Lo! I'm so proud of you, congratulations." I praised, pulling her body into mine.

Lauren remained stiff for a second before reciprocating the hug. As we parted, her eyes were portraying pure distress.

"Why aren't you happy out of your mind right now?" I asked, "This is what you want, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I guess it is. But it's in North Miami Beach and the training program is five to six days a week." Lauren breathed, fiddling with her fingers while I finally caught onto her worries.

Only from watching her, I could tell she'd though a lot about it. She had bags under her eyes, which made her features look more mature. I stopped in my tracks, taking both of her hands in mine and letting my thumb stroke over the soft skin.

"If I'm the reason you're hesitating - don't." I said, "I will support you in the meantime and I'll wait to you come back."

Lauren smiled, bringing her arm around my shoulders and kissing me softly on the forehead, whispering, "I love you."

-