Chapter 9

" Bloodhound?" Asked Timothy.

" Not that type of bloodhound." Said Hades.

" What other type could there be?" Asked Timothy.

" The kind that can smell blood light years away." Said Hades.

" Sure there is." Said Timothy.

" I'm not lying." Said Hades.

" Don't you think officials would have used these dogs, if they existed?" Said Timothy.

" That's the thing." Said Hades.

" What did these dogs do?" Asked Timothy.

" These dogs are great for finding things and well these dogs didn't have the greatest temper in the world." Said Hades.

" Was that the only reason they used them?" Asked Timothy.

" Nope, these dogs were brought to the age of extinction when they were used in dog fights like the chicken fights you have back on Earth." Said Hades.

"Thanks for the info, but I have to leave before Emilio throws one of his lady temper tantrums." Said Timothy.

" Lady Temper tantrums?" Asked Hades.

" It's a long story." Said Timothy before he left through the portal he had created.

" But I like long stories." Said Hades.

" You're late Timothy!" exclaimed Emilio after Timothy had accidently bumped into him.

"Oops." Said Timothy as he shrugged his shoulders.

" What are you doing just standing there, maggot?" Asked Juan.

" Back to the insults, huh." Said Timothy.

" You get the wonderful gift of...." Said Juan.

" What is it?" interrupted Timothy.

" It's the gift of pain." Said Juan with a crooked smile.

" How many laps?" Asked Timothy?

" 70." Said Juan.

" Don't you think that's excessive sir without disrespect sir?" Asked Amadeus.

" Trust me he can do it if he could beat the gods single handedly." Said Juan.

" So he did beat them." Said Olivia.

Timothy had stepped onto the turquoise circle that Juan had instructed him to. Timothy had made sure that his shoelaces weren't untied before he had ran at incredibly fast speeds. The other students could only see the black from his shirt and an occasional red that had been from the shoes Hermes had given him.

" You only ran 60 laps." Said Juan.

"Worth a shot." Thought Timothy.

Timothy had then dashed through the other 10 laps in a matter of seconds.

" How did you know I only ran 60 laps?" Asked Timothy.

" When you hang out with Hermes you see things a little bit slower." Said Juan.

" Didn't know you hung out with Hermes." Said Timothy.

" He's okay but he always cheats when playing poker." Said Juan.

" Really?" Asked Timothy.

" The guy's a sore loser." Said Juan.

" I know I am but what are you." Said Hermes.