Chapter 30

The next few days, all the filming was done in buildings, which James was sure to tell me so I didn’t have to go to. I didn’t mind though, I simply went to the spa in the hotel. The surrounding area was easy enough to navigate, but James forbade me from getting in a taxi and actually seeing Paris. So instead I visited cafés and practiced my French and walked around the park right across the street. I hardly saw my brother, let alone the other actors during this time. James told me they were busy, but he came back way too happy to be simply “working”. I knew that ‘just been kissed’ face better than ever these days. Well, at least he and Ava were doing well.

A few days after we arrived, James finally told me that they were filming in the Louvre and I was so excited, I could have cried. Beautiful art around every corner, high arching ceilings. Not to mention that areas would be closed off for the filming. Oh yes, this I could enjoy.

We left early in the morning and I made sure I had my Monster and sketchbook, plus laptop, phone, and chargers. We drove through the city and I was able to see even more. My stomach was erupting in butterflies as I saw the glow of sunrise reflecting around the buildings. The car parked outside of a square of creamy stone and we made our way through the courtyard until we approached a large building. I wanted to stop and stare for awhile, but I was pushed along until we came into another courtyard and that’s when I saw the glass pyramid.

“I love Paris,” I whispered to myself, following the crew and company into the building where we didn’t have to buy tickets or wait in ridiculous lines. Bags were quickly searched, we went through security, and then began to be escorted through the wide and tall halls of the Louvre. I was hardly paying any attention as I we made our way to where we’d be filming and that’s when I realized there were no filtering crowds. 

“Where is everyone?” I asked Carson who had been walking with me.

“Not allowed in this area. We aren’t just filming in one room today, there’s a lot of action going around the building,” he told me.

“Am I allowed to wander?” I asked hopefully.

“Yeah, I see no reason why not?”

“Yes,” I said quickly, fist pumping the air and began to run off in the Louvre. 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, where do you think you’re going?” Finch grabbed my arm stopping me before I could dash off into the museum.

“To explore!”

Finch let out a bark of laughter. “Camille, if you can get lost on the small set in England, you’re definitely going to get lost in the Louvre. And this time it’ll be a lot harder to find you. Just stay with us,” Finch told me and I pouted like a little child.

“Please, Lisa, I just want to see the museum. It can’t be that difficult,” I justified, hoping she would let me go.

“You’re kidding right? You know how many rooms and halls are in this place? There’s also no guarantees of you getting back into the filming area if you leave it. The museum staff have a strict job and they aren’t going to just let you come back in if you leave.”

“I have my pass!” I held up the lanyard around my neck for her to see better. “And I know French alright, I’m sure I can work my way back in,” I added, hoping it would convince her.

“The workers know English as well. Let’s just show you where we are and maybe then you can run off.” I sighed dramatically and dragged my feet behind Finch as we walked in the wide hallways. I remember hearing something about how one of the Louis’ rode their horses in the corridors because the castle was so spacious. If only I could do that.