Chapter 3: Wait a Minute

Start from the beginning

"Well, I hope this solved your answer." He says lifting his eyes from my medical record up at me.

Confused, I raise a brow.

"I'm sorry?" I question.

I'm seconds away from pulling my records away from him. What the hell did they find out? He puts my records down on the desk and smiles wide at me.

"Congratulations!" He exclaims.

Confused I glare at him. What?

"Sweety, you're pregnant! Ain't nothing wrong with ya after all!" He reassures getting up from his chair.

My mind goes blank. I stare at his chair. Wait, am I really pregnant? Me pregnant? No I can't be.

"But I had cramps and- and-?" I mutter shaking my head.

"Well some women have different symptoms. You're just happens to be cramps." He says crossing his arms, proudly.

I look up at him, he's leaning on his desk.

"But-but... I'm pregnant." I mutter again.

He nods smiling.

"So that explains..."

"The mood swings?" He says finishing my sentence nodding again.

"But that doesn't explain me not being hungry." I exclaim looking back at him.

He laughs and pats my shoulder.

"Different symptoms for different women." He reassures smiling.

I stand up, I blink back tears. I hug him, laughing out.

"I'm pregnant!" I shout out.

"I know you'll be a great mother, Marie. And I hope you'll be bringing you and your baby's behind back her soon. I suggest in a few weeks." He says wagging his index finger at me.

I laugh, my happiness is brought right back to me.

"Ofcourse. Only for you Doc." I say smiling.

He nods and grabs my records and takes me back to the receptionist. I check out and say my goodbyes to the doctor. Ofcourse, I thank him and walk out, smiling from ear to ear in disbelief.

I run to the middle of the parking lot, frantically looking around for the Rolls Royce. I find it, but without Elvis inside. I sigh, smiling as I walk toward the car. I lean on it patiently, how am I going to tell Elvis? I find myself grinning like an idiot and putting my right hand on my stomach. I'm carrying a child. Holy crap.

I fix myself and take my hand off my stomach as Elvis struts over to me. I put my hands on my hip as I realize he's munching on a donut while holding a donut bag. I roll my eyes and smile at him. He pecks me on the cheek and opens the door for me. I get in and decide to wing my surprise. He gets in finishing the rest of the donut in one bite. I giggle as he opens the donut bag for me. I peek inside and look back at him.

"Got two more?" I ask sweetly.

Confused he lifts a brow. Then realization hits his face. His raised eyebrow drops, he had a blank expression. His eyes gaze at me. It's quiet for a few seconds, I smile wide.

"You're--?" He mumbles in disbelief.

I nod smiling. He puts his hands on his head.

"Baby! We're having a baby!!" He shouts out in glee.

I laugh excitedly. He moves around making the Royce shake. I smile as he laughs out. I cup his cheeks hoping to calm him down. He stops and gazes at me longingly.