Hannah's Memorable Moment

Start from the beginning

"We probably should do that." Nero agreed, "If you're not too tired we'll tackle that little project after dinner."

"I'm sure I'll be fine."

Nero threw her a knowing look. Last time she said that she fell asleep and he had to move her to his bed and organize her clothes and accessories himself. He more or less organized everything based on color. The next day she moved a few things around, the guilt eating away at her. Nero kept telling her that it was fine, that he didn't mind taking care of her. But she minded. She wanted to do things together, yet lately she was so bloody exhausted she fell asleep right after dinner. She promised herself she'd power through this, it was a great opportunity to bond together with Nero.

***

Hannah was seated on the comfy navy armchair by the window while she bossed Nero around. It was fun and he played along nicely. She knew he was doing it to entertain her. What got her the most was the warmth in his eyes. He might be playing along for her sake, but he looked genuinely happy. Nero was holding a stack of neutral colored onesies and turned to look at her, raising an eyebrow at her when he noticed the look on her face.

"You okay?" She could hear the concern in his voice, "You tired? We've done enough for tonight, we can continue things tomorrow."

"I'm fine." She assured him, "I've been sitting in this chair the entire time, you've been doing all the work." She reminded him.

"You're on your feet most of the day." He shot back at her, "I'll put this away and then we'll move things to the bedroom-"

"How straightforward of you!" Hannah giggled.

She liked the flustered look on his face, making that cheesy joke was worth it to her.

"It's not what I meant." He sighed, putting away the stack of onesies and closing the drawer of the baby's gray antique looking dresser, "But you already knew that." He added, "These colors by the way, Hannah-" He faced her and gestured around the baby's room, "It's so unlike you."

She smiled and leaned forward, her eyes gleaming excitingly, "It's more you, isn't it?"

He narrowed his eyes on her, "What are you trying to say?"

"Nothing in particular." Her voice picking up and sounding more cheerful, "Keeping the room neutral like this will give us opportunity to alter it later. We can add any color to it and the room would still look great."

He pointed at her, his hazel eyes gleaming with amusement, "So you're saying your presence brightened up my rather average life?"

She raised her hand, showing him the sparkling diamond around her finger, "I have the ring to prove it."

Laughing Nero shook his head at her. He held out his hand to her and helped her to her feet. With a smile plastered on her face Hannah left the room, heading to their bedroom. She could hear Nero moving around behind her, but she didn't look back.

"I'll make you some tea." He called after her

"Thank you!"

While she got ready for bed Nero made her tea and turned off all the lights in their hotel room. It was much more like an apartment, but since it was part of the hotel she couldn't quite see it as their place. She was looking forward to moving into Nero's family house. She knew Valerio was excited about that as well. He had been lonely in that big house, their little boy or girl would not only add color to their lives, but also the lives of the people around them.
After her shower Hannah slipped into an old dress shirt she borrowed from Nero, but had no intention of returning to him and shrugged on some fluffy white socks with pastel colored dots covering it. The fabric of the shirt she was wearing was soft to the touch, it was like it softly hugged her body. It also gave her the freedom of moving around at night, she'd keep it. She was sure Nero didn't mind since it was rather old. When it came to his business attire everything looked brand new.