chapter thirty-one

Start from the beginning

"Fine you win, Malfoy. For now."

Draco chuckled. "When will you ever be submissive?" He asked.

"Never!"

Draco smirked. "Oh really?"

Alice stuck out her tongue in a childish manner. "Yea! I'll never let you win, Malfoy!"

"Really?" He asked with a smirk.

"Y-yes uhm, why are you staring at me like that?"

"Why? Something wrong?" he mocked.

"You do know that staring at someone like that is rude."

"Really, beautiful." He leaned closer than before.

Feeling his breath made her uncomfortable. Her mind wanted to push him away yet her actions were betraying her.

The brunette gulped as she felt her cheeks getting warmer in embarassment. Draco laughed, confusing the poor flustered girl.

"I was just messing around."

Out of nowhere, Draco felt pain from his left forearm. From the immense pain he was feeling, he fell on his knees, crying out in agony.

"D-Draco!" Alice was fast on examining his feelings.

It didn't take Alice to become a healer to say that Draco was afraid. His eyes were the same as she saw a while back. They were terrified and she knew something was about to happen. She could feel it and she knows he didn't want it.

"He..he needs me. I know, I'm sorry, Alice but I need to – "

"I understand, Draco." She cupped her hands on his face before leaning her forehead on his. "I'll miss you. And do please take care of yourself."

"You mean it, Alice?"

"Of course. When everything is done, I want you to come back to me, alive. Still talking and still teasing me alright?"

Letting out a weak smile, he chuckled.

"I will, baby. Take care of yourself too."

Alice didn't know what came up to her but she did it. Not caring even if Pansy neither anyone sees them, she gave him a quick peck on the lips. Draco was stunned, his lips hanging open right after her lips touched his.

"W-what just happened?" he was dumbfounded.

Alice chuckled. "That was called a kiss?"

"Then you're a bad kisser. That wasn't called a kiss, that was a bloody peck!"

"No, still a kiss."

"One more?" he pleaded.

"Nope! You come back alive and in one piece then maybe I'll kiss you more than once."

"I will come back in one piece, talking, walking and teasing."

"You should else, I'll kill you twice."

■•■•■

What the platinum haired boy did not expect is that she followed him. Walking by the unfamiliar at the same time; restricted hallways of the castle, fear was evident on the face of the Malfoy heir. Alice too, was afraid of what might jump or come right before them. She began to worry for the one she loves. As when he met a wall, the boy knocked thrice. Unsure of what was he doing, an entrance was revealed.

The Room of Requirement.

'What is he up-to now?'

"I'm sorry, Alice. I need to do this." I heard him whisper.

"No!" she screams.

Regretting now of her actions, Draco's eyes widened. "Alice please don't make me do something to you which is strongly against me."

"What are you doing?!"

"Alice, I'm begging you. Please just leave."

"You do know that this place isn't safe!  And what if dark magic – "

"Dark magic is already consuming me,  Diggory!" he shouted.

Silence was surely defeaning by this point. Draco gulped hard, as he sighed.

"I'm really sorry."

Before the female one could even say something more, Draco cast a sleeping spell on Alice. He quickly caught her in time to prevent her from falling from the ground.

"I really don't deserve someone like you, Alice."

Draco took her into a hallway to where Pansy's route would be. Before leaving her sleeping form, he placed a quick peck on her forehead then releasing her from the bewitched spell.

"I'm sorry, Alice. I need to do this."

■•■•■

a/n:

fyi, there is a sleeping spell however the incantation is unknown so yes lmao and yay! two updates in one day. y'all should be proud of me.