chapter twenty-nine

■•■•■

❝ you'll never know the
psychopaths sitting next to you. ❞
heathens by twenty-one pilots

■•■•■

Seeing her leave made his heart ache. Honestly, all Draco wanted was to be with her. While watching her fade through the dark hallways of the castle, he sighed in frustration. Winter was approaching real quick than he expected, and he was just not ready to embrace it all. But then, he needed to do so, in order for him to gain the Dark Lord's trust, he should follow everything he says. However, he was not doing this for his family.

This was all for his Alice.

Draco soon learned that in life, in order for him to get something he wanted; he must work hard for it.

And if it means to blindly do everything he was told, then he'll do it.

For a future with Alice, he will.

"And for I thought, you were good as dead, Harold Gaunt."

The blond man smirked, taking the hand of Bellatrix Lestrange and finally placing a gentle kiss on her backhand.

"Did you miss me, Bella?" Harold mocked the eldest Black daughter snort out loud.

"Oh please. I'd always wish that you would be dead."

Upon unravelling all the Malfoy family's dirty secrets, Draco couldn't but feel terrified.

His father officially - lost his mind on thinking that the only way to stay on top and being pure is through the way of his son becoming a mass murderer.

He wanted to run away for good. He wanted to leave and forget every single thing he knows but then he loved his mother too much to leave her as well. And not that only, for he knew he wasn't brave enough do such daring action.

Especially now that he knew who was behind all of it all.

The man named Harold Gaunt, the one who was responsible for the death of Mara Gaunt-Diggory and he is the one responsible for Alice's greatest pain.

But that doesn't end there; he is the last living heir of the Gaunt family. Being spared by Tom Riddle himself, Harold agreed and joined the organization that Tom Riddle has started.

"Isn't it a lovely sight to see, Draco?"

Draco was tempted to spit a foul language on Christopher for saying something outrageous yet he didn't do it. He pretended that he didn't see what was obvious.

"What do you mean?" he questions.

"Well, you see, Harold Gaunt is my father's first cousin and also happens to be Alice's uncle."

"Then you still want Alice?"

Christopher let out an insane laugh. "I want Alice, but I never said I wanted her to be wife."

"Y-you do realize she's your cousin."

The deranged one snorted. "I don't do love stories, Draco and someone like us, don't deserve one either."

Draco closed his mouth to prevent himself from speaking furthermore. Yet those words hurt like a two-edged sword piercing his heart.

"Don't tell me that you no longer plan on becoming one of us. Being a Death Eater means throwing the fact that you are human."