chapter twenty-seven

■•■•■

❝ You were here before,
couldn't look you in the eye. ❞
creep - radiohead

■•■•■

"Draco,"

By the time that Draco heard his father's words, the young boy knew that his father intended to tell him something very important. Not wasting any time on hestitating, Draco walk closer to his father's cell to hear the words he was to say.

"Father." he acknowledged his presence.

Looking towards his wife and the officers from the Ministry of Magic, Narcissa understood perfectly what those eyes meant.

"My husband demands for a private talk with our son. If we may?"

Though the men agreed and carried on with Narcissa, they kept distance. But their eyes did not left where Lucius was locked on.

And by the time Lucius grabbed his son's arm, Draco's gaze shifted back to his father, away from the men and his mother.

"Listen, my boy. If anything that I would ever want to happen; that is for this mission to be executed perfectly. He trusts you and therefore I, as your father, do as well. Anything you do will affect our family's very reputation, keep that in mind."

Draco nods. "I understand."

"And also."

Giving his father a confused look, Draco raised an eyebrow, anticipating for Lucius's answer.

"As next to be my heir, I expect you to treat your future wife well. Me and your mother considered her since we know that she is faithful when it comes to our practices and traditions."

Please don't say it father.

"And as my son, I expect you not to disappoint me."

Draco swallowed all his pride at that exact time when he halfheartedly agree.

"I will never disappoint you, father."

■•■•■

"I cannot believe all this! How could you, Daphne, do this to me?!"

And with that screech, Alice immediately recognize that it was Pansy. Rushing towards them, she saw Blaise, Vincent and Gregory trying to separate Pansy from attacking Daphne, verbally.

"Pansy, what the bloody hell is going on? Are you mad? What did Daphne do to you which made you this crazy enough to make you raise your voice on her?"

Ignoring the Diggory's words, Pansy glared daggers at the blonde girl.

"You knew oh so well how much I was in love with Malfoy!" Pansy fumed in anger. "You had one job as my friend!"

Daphne chuckled then rolled her eyes. "Well I'm sorry, Pansy! Do you think I was so happy about the news as well?" Daphne replies back with the same amount of anger.

"News?" Alice shifted her gaze on the tanned boy. "What are they talking about?"

As when Blaise was to speak, the angry Parkinson faced Alice's side.

"News flash, Diggory! Draco Malfoy and Astoria Greengrass, dating all throughout the Summer break!"

"D-dating?"