Search for a Cure

Song: When You're Gone (Nightcore)

Once we reached the workshop, North immediately went into the library.

"We'll help him find a cure. Cmon Sandy and Kendall." Tooth said, and they both went into the library with North.

"So, what do you wanna do now?" Jack asked me, as we sat down.

"I dunno. Make the most of the time I have left, I guess." I replied with a sigh.

"Cmon Y/N, we're gonna find a cure." Jack reassured me again, and I smiled.

"I know. It's just that...what if we don't?"

"Let's just not talk about this now, ok? Let's just...." Jack threw one of his magical snowballs at me. "...have a snowball fight."

A smirk slowly made its way on my face, and I jumped up and threw a snowball at him.

But, instead of landing back on the ground after jumping, I floated.

Wait.....I FLOATED!!

"Jack! I'm floating!" I exclaimed, and he flew up to me.

"Good job Y/N! See, everything's slowly going back to normal. I told ya so!" Jack said and threw another snowball at me.

We had a full-blown snowball fight in the living room.

After around an hour, Bunny appeared from his rabbit hole, and he appeared right in front of Jack.

So I accidentally threw a snowball at him.

😓.....

He wiped the snow off of his face, and I immediately apologized.

"Sorry Bunny, you were standing in front of Jack and we were having a snowball fight and I accidentally threw a snowball at you, so please don't kill me!" I explained to Bunny really fast.

"It's ok, Sheila. Here's the flower, anyways." Bunny handed the flower to me. "Just frost coat it, and wait for it to melt. Then just drink a bit once every day, k?"

I nodded and hugged him. "Thanks Bunny."

Jack whined playfully. "Cmon, I don't get a thanks?"

"Excuse me Mr. Snowman, I thanked you 317 times." I replied and stopped hugging Bunny.

"Touchè." Jack replied and shrugged.

Bunny hopped into the library to help the others find a permanent cure, and I frost coated the flower and flew into my room to place the flower into a glass on my bedside table.

"Hey Jack?" I said as Jack flew in after me.

"Yup Snowflake?" he asked me as he stood beside me.

"Who's that?" I asked him and pointed at the picture frame.

"Oh no.....you forgot...." Jack murmured to himself under his breath.

"Huh?"

"Oh nothing."

"So who are they?"

"Well, the one on the left is your mom from before you were a Guardian, the one on the right is your dad, and the one in the middle is you." Jack replied, pointing at each person as he told me who they were.

"What do you mean before I was a Guardian?" I asked him again. "I wasn't anyone before I was a Guardian."

"Yes you were. We all were." he replied. "Now cmon, lets check in the others."

"Ok." We flew out and into the library to see books scattered everywhere.

There were a couple of books piled up on a table, and I guessed that they were spell books which we were gonna look through later.

Bunny jumped down from a shelf in the back, and he put another book on top of the pile of books on the table.

"Well, that's all the spell books in here. Oh, hi Y/N. How are you feeling?" Kendall said as she approached me.

"Pretty much the same..." I replied, but I suddenly felt a pang in my heart. Like someone literally stabbed it.

I fell down and Tooth caught me before I hit the ground.

"Y/N?! Y/N are you ok?!" I heard someone panicking, but then everything went black.

I woke up on my bed in Jack's room, with a cold hand on top of my forehead.

I turned my head, and saw Jack sitting on a chair beside me, while his other hand was looking through one of the books I had seen earlier on top of the table.

He side-glanced at me, but once he noticed I was awake, Jack gasped and tackled me in a hug.

"Y/N!!"

"Jeez, Jack. Chillax, nothing happened."

He stopped hugging me and called all the other Guardians.

Everyone came in and had a gloomy expression on their faces.

"What happened guys?" I asked them, already dreading the answer.

"We couldn't find any cure...sorry Y/N." Tooth said sadly.

We all sat in silence, and I was still processing what was happening when Sandy came in, pointing at the open book in his hands.

Nobody except me seemed to notice him, so I said:

"Um, guys? I think Sandy's trying to say something."

They all looked at Sandy to see him still pointing at the book.

"Oh, Sandy! You found cure, yes?" North said, smiling joyfully.

Sandy nodded his head with a broad smile and handed the book to North.

"Oh...we need a lot of ingredients for this spell.... ok everyone split up and get 2 ingredients each!" North ordered everyone, and they all stood up and nodded.

North assigned what everyone would be getting, and I glanced at the flower on my bedside table to see it melted.

I sat up, grabbed the glass, and took a sip from it.

I suddenly started feeling better, like all the sickness was leaving me. There was still a bit darkness in me though, and I could still feel it growing.

I gently put the glass back on my bedside table.

"Y/N? We'll be back as soon as we can, ok?" Jack said and I turned my head towards him to see all the other Guardians already gone.

I nodded. "Ok...hurry back, Mr. Snowman."

He chuckled, and gave me a quick but affectionate peck on my lips.

"I promise."

Then he flew out of the window, and I was alone in the workshop.

I locked all the windows and all the doors in the workshop.

Eventually, I laid back down on my bed after eating and felt sleep catching up to me.

I closed my eyes, and suddenly all I could were a pair of comforting blue eyes staring into mine.

Thanks, Sandy.