There's no Love in War

Start from the beginning

"We have faith in the Angels, they will save us from our devils and sins" Father Peter told him sternly. "Have faith"

"Listen Father!" Dad pleaded as he started to walk away. "Demon's are slipping through the opening, they have been for years. One at a time polluting our world"

"Yes, but the Angel's-"

"Dont give a shit" Dad interrupted, Father Peter didn't seem bothered by his cursing. "If the Demons can get through so can the Angel's. Their just sitting and watching Father. THEY DON'T CARE"

Father Peter paused for a moment. You could almost see the wheels in his head turn but then a hard look took over his face. "I have faith in God" he snapped before marching away.

That was it. They are going to open the doors and everything is free.

Demons, Angel's and who knows what else. The whole damn party.

Hell on Earth.

"Do you think the Angel's could help us? " I asked my dad in a panicked voice.

"They don't care" he said, defeated. "The stone was made to open the gates of hell, those idiots may think its a gift from God and will save the human race from sin. But they have doomed us all. It wasn't God keeping the devils in their pit, it was the door. The smaller demons get through, the level 4 ones cause chaos and make deals. They possess bodies, make people steal, murder, rape and commit suicide once they have had enough with whoever they are wearing. But those are just the small ones. The others... the ones that can't get through... god help us all"

I whimpered and my dad pulled me into a hug. "I love you Nora, I will keep you safe"

"I love you too Dad"

~ Present Time ~

I will never forget the day they opened the door. It was quiet for a while. Human kind waited in excitement while my Dad stocked with supplies and trained me. He did good. I'm still alive aren't I?

We found out why it had been so quiet on the 3rd day we waited for them to come. They made an army. Masses of Demons flooded the word, the world was red with blood. People abandoned their homes or were dragged from them screaming in pain and terror. And 7.046 billion people slowly became 4 billion, the humans made safe camps outside cities, hundreds of people huddled together and caged themselves off for protection. But the killing still went on. No one lived in the cities anymore. It was too dangerous. But thats exactly where I was.

Good old London.

A bang made me jump and my head whipped round to the door giving me whiplash. There was a shuffling and a few more thuds.

One was in the house.

I slowly picked up the metal bar and stood against the wall behind the door in a fighting stance, my heart beat fast and blood soared in my ears. I hadn't done much fighting, I didn't let anything get close enough.

My heart stopped when a voice pierced the silence.

"I know your here. I can smell you. Smell your fear. Smell your fear" it taunted.

Its voice was gravely and had the disgusting sound of a wet cough. It was close. I gripped my mothers necklace for comfort as I always did. I could smell it, like rubbish and puke being burnt. It made me gag and my head spin. This was a level 5. A runt Demon, just a scavenger not strong enough to get through the door before it was opened and not strong enough to possess or have a proper form. Just a disgusting brown shell of a body, knobled and horned. Every childs monster. It was vicious and cruel and unlike the others it craved flesh and guts which it would get by ripping its victims apart with its claws and tusks. I only managed to avoid them in the past because of their animal like stupidity. But there was no way I could get past it without it seeing me so the only option I had was climbing out the bathroom window. That would mean walking around the city at night. The low growl coming from the other side of the door made up my mind. Running to the bathroom I stood on the toilet seat and reached for the small window, cramming my body through. My feet came in contact with the roof and I shuffeled towards the tree. The roof groaned in protest.

"Bugger" I hissed under my breath.

I heard mumbling beneath me.

Double bugger. There was more than one. I carried on but with caution so I didn't make anymore noise.

Thats it, keep going Nora. One foot... now the other... almost th-

I cried out as the roof gave in and I fell with my back making hard contact with the floor knocking the air out of me. As I broke the roof the gagged bits of concrete cut me on the rough fall through, blood trickled off the gashes and I winced when I wiggled all my parts to make sure they were still working. My hand instantly went up to grip the large blue stone necklace. It was still there, I thought I might have lost it in the fall. But a growl made me realise that that wasn't the worst of my problems. The foul smelling grade 5 Demon stood above me. It had a sinful leer on its face as it studied me.

"Girls meat smells fresh. Smells... delicious" I tried to wriggle back to reach for my pipe but it landed to far away. A hand clamped around my ankle and claws dug in making me cry out and struggle.

No! I can't die I have to find my dad!

The beast make a chocking sound and I realised that it was laughing. It was laughing at my death.

"Cry girlie. Cry. Cry. Cry. Your father did" it chocked.

"What?" I gasped. It was talking about my father. Was it saying he was dead?

It reared its ugly head and pulled back a meaty claw which was swung directly towards my troat with precision. I closed my eyes and cursed.

I cursed Lucifer. I cursed Demons. I cursed God. And I cursed those bloody Angel's.

The air swished as it went for my throat.

This was it. I was going to die.

"Stop"