Chapter: 27

"There is more power in unity than division." ~Emanuel Cleaver

-----------------------

Gianna Pov~

I crawled my way through the last lap, my breathing coming out in ragged spurts. Yana was lying exhausted right next to me. I couldn't believe that these men did this every day, and even more. Speaking of the men, they were huffing and trying to catch their breath as well, but compared to Yana and me, they seemed to be floating on air. It was as if they had just taken a leisurely stroll instead of running fifty grueling laps.

Stefano sauntered over to the group, a smirk playing on his lips as he looked at Yana and me on the ground.

"I didn't think you two would make it. But here you are," Stefano commented with a smirk directed at us. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him. Gritting my teeth, I helped Yana to her feet. She stumbled a little, but she quickly regained her footing.

Yana groaned letting her eyes roll around "Gia, are we done." Yana complained, putting all her weight on me.

"Weren't you just saying that training wasn't so bad?" I pointed out, giving Yana a nudge to stand up.

"That was before my feet went numb," she muttered, provoking a chuckle from the group.

Her eyes snapped toward them, and she shot them an annoyed look.

"Oh, what are you gonna do?" One of the guys mocked her, prompting a scoff from Yana. She stood tall and stomped her way over to the almost 7-foot-tall man, her 5'3" frame not appearing very intimidating.

She cranes her neck back "You better stop talking before I cut your dick off and feed it to wolves." She yelled threatening him, while point to the forest.

Yup that's typical fire hot Yana for you.

I smirked and chuckled at the guys confused face. I knew he felt threatened alittle but he was conflicted on why. Yana had that effect on people. Don't let her innocent self fool ya now.

The man, whose name I had no idea of, crossed his arms, attempting to look intimidating, which he successfully did. He gave Yana an evil smirk. "You wouldn't hurt a fly. And there seems to be no one to take your side."

II was about to give him a piece of my mind when a voice caught me off guard. "You might want to think about that, Jackson."

Matteo stood off to the corner. He wasn't playful Matteo anymore. He stood tall, his form rigid, his eyes holding nothing but authority and power. His mouth formed a firm line.

At the sight of Matteo, Jackson took a step back from Yana, realizing that he couldn't cross that line. He knew Matteo held a position of authority.

"Yeah, that's what I thought, Jackson!" Yana cheered, getting up in his face again before I pulled her back towards me.

"Calm down," I whispered harshly, and she rolled her eyes at me, muttering, "Fine."

Matteo remained firmly in his spot before giving Stefano a meaningful look. Stefano seemed to understand, nodding in response.

Matteo nodded back, winked at Yana, and then turned to walk back into the estate.

"Enough time wasted. Weights and then gun training," Stefano commanded, and all the trainees followed him back inside the training room.

"Gun training? I didn't know there was such a thing," I murmured to Yana.