Chapter 7: Not Safe

Start from the beginning

"Hey, how did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I tracked your phone. It was pretty simple, Crystal."

William and his hacking skills always fascinated me. "The police department let you out?" He gives me a straight stare. "Yes, they did."

"What kind of questions did they ask?"

"Nothing important." He replied.

"Good."

William stares at me for a few seconds. "I told them who killed Joslyn." He said as I froze.

"What?!" I shouted, making him hush me up.

I notice the TV screen on the wall in the shop. The news is on. The news woman is reporting the latest news as I notice the headline on the screen.

Murder of Joslyn Patters confessed.

"William summers, a supposed accomplice in this crime confessed to the real criminal who committed the murder of Joslyn Patters. Apparently, as stated by William Summers, Brittany Colson committed the murder due to the bad blood going on between her and Joslyn Patters. She was arrested this afternoon and is now in custody. William Summers gave clear proof of this crime, including the murder weapon used in the crime which happens to be a rock which was covered in dry blood and Brittany Colson's fingerprints. Brittany claims these accusations are false and her mother is looking for a lawyer immediately. We will give you more update on this shocking confession later." The news woman said.

William... you sneaky son of a bitch.

"You know I'd never snitch on you right?"

I smile, "Of course not." William and I walked separately to our own homes once night flooded the sky. I arrived home, my dad at the table, eating dinner with my mother and Jason. I took a seat. "Hey Dad. Hey, Mom. Jason..."

"Hey honey, you're late for dinner."

"I know, sorry. I was at William's studying."

My father knew my alibi was complete bullshit. He knew I wasn't at William's studying. But, he didn't mention it, even though I knew he wanted to. My mother gets up from her seat, putting her plate in the sink as she turns the water on. My father whispers, "I have you covered."

"What?" I whisper back.

"I got William out. I got that Brittany girl's fingerprints on that rock. I whipped yours off. Your good to go."

"How did you get her prints on it?"

"I'm a cop, Crystal. We cops have multiple ways of fucking people over. All this mess is over. You're free, sweetheart." It burned me on the inside thinking of what he said... because I knew I wasn't free. Not with the unknown number on my ass. I needed to get rid of whoever was behind that unknown number. I had few clues as to who the unknown number was. Of course, the red truck I'd seen earlier that day. The unknown number seemed smart, yet not clever. The red truck was at the top of my list for clues.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled my phone out, viewing the screen which showed I was getting a call from William's mother. I answered and was startled at what I heard. William's mother was breathing heavily, crying. "Whoa, what's wrong? Are you okay, Ms. Summers?"

She continued to cry. "No. I... I... the police are at our house..." She said, weeping.

"What?"

"There are police guarding our house. Someone is threating to kill William." She sobbed.

"What? Who?"

"I don't know... some anonymous number. William still hasn't got home yet. I called the police... They're trying to trace it. Listen, I have to go. Please, be safe, Crystal."

She hanged up as police sirens went off in the distance. My father got up from the table, looking out the window as police rushed around my house in a circle.

A ding went off on my phone, viewing my phone.

Unknown: No one can protect you or William now. Not even the police. I'm not your threat, Crystal. I'm your future's threat. I have William, and you won't see him anytime soon. Our work is far from done. Lots more killing needs to be done, Crystal. So, get your little knife ready... Because we're just getting started.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/5/2017

Thanks for reading Chapter Seven of 'The Day I Became a Serial Killer'. I'd really appreciate some feedback in the comments, as well as a book vote if you enjoyed the seventh chapter. Thank you for reading, fellow Wattpaders! Chapter Eight is out now!