The Letter

The rumors are true.

The Dark Lord has returned, after all these years. The story of the grave yard was true. Those who are faithful have returned to his side and have been forgiven. Those that stand against him, merlin forbid, will be severely punished.

The Potter boy you grew so fond of seems to have slipped through his fingers again. But make no mistake, that stemmed more from the Dark Lord's illness and lack of strength than your friend's skill. That, and pure luck. But as every second passes the Dark Lord grows strong, and is becoming something more than he was before- something more god than human. Next time they meet, he will be victorious.

I have been gentle. I have been kind. I have, perhaps, let you believe in your dreams and ideals for too long without bringing you face to face with reality. For that, and your continuous belief in what Dumbledore preaches, I take responsibility. But this can no longer continue.

The Dark Lord knows of your love for the Weasley boy. He knows of the folly of a young mind fed by poisonous lies, and knows of a young girls tendency to be led astray by a charming smile. He is merciful. When you join us, this shall not be held against you. When you join, you will be welcomed with welcome arms, and the bloodtraitor you love so much will not be harmed. You will join your father and I in the highest esteem, and claim the power that lies untouched in your veins.

If you do not join, the consequences will be severe. Your friends will fight against them, but when Harry falls, as he must, so will they. Harry will die. His friends will die. Your brother, father, and myself will be punished for your mistakes. You will die.

The boy you love so much will die.

We have reached the point where no one can remain innocent. It is time to choose a side.

For your own sake, and mine, I hope you choose wisely.