We both laughed, and I smiled.

"So do you think he's interested, then?" I laced my fingers across my stomach, feeling myself get comfy.

"Not really sure. He did say he wanted to see me again, so that's a plus." She moved some of her papers over so she could lay next to me.

"What about you? How was work?"

"Oh, I quit," I responded, waving my hand.

"You did? What happened?"

"I, just... the manager was a pervert. I got sick of it real fast."

She cringed, making a disgusted look on her face. "You should've told me. I would've happily cut his balls off for you, no charge."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Well, it's too late now. There's nothing to do."

"So then what'd you do after?" She asked, turning to face me.

I gave her a look.

"Reece," I muttered.

"Oh, that's not-" she stopped fiddling with the string on her hoodie and looked at me. Her eyes met mine, and I fought back a mischevious smile.

"You guys had sex?! How was it?" She smacked my arm this time.

"It was... good."

"What do you mean by good? Was it good, or was it good good?" She questioned.

"It was.. fucking amazing. Happy now?" I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Oh, you're whipped now," she mused.

After deciding we were hungry, we ordered Chinese food and watched tv in her room.

"So has he texted you?" I asked after some silence, slurping on my lo mein.

"No." She shook her head and dug around the bottom of her carton with some chopsticks, scraping rice out.

"Should I text him?" She asked after stuffing a fistful of food into her mouth.

I shrugged. "Why not?"

"Hmm." She paused and looked as if she was in deep thought. She tapped her finger on her chin before putting down her food and grabbing her phone.

"You're right. I should."

"I didn't say that, but okay," I said sarcastically.

She gave me a look before focusing on her phone. "So then what should I say?"

"Hi?"

She looked as if she was about to say something snarky, but shrugged and typed something on her phone.

"Done."

"I'm so proud of you. You're growing up so fast," I said, wiping an imaginary tear away from my eye.

She smiled, looking like a proud devil.

My eyes trailed behind her to her window, and I saw that it was nighttime outside.

"Shit. I should probably go home, it's late."

"You gonna go see Reece?" She asked, wiggling her brows at me.

"I might," I muttered.

I stood up, making sure I had my keys in my pocket.

"Oh, text me if he responds," I added, and left her small place after saying goodbye.

Unlike me, Brianna didn't have to have a job to pay for her things. Her dad had money from the divorce with her mom, and offered to pay for everything so she could go to school. I was still trying to get out of my mom's place, on the other hand. I'd been saving up to get my own place for a while now.