Chapter 4

Porches - Underwater

Adrianne

What the fuck?!

My body froze over my homework as I took in his figure across from me.

He was dressed in a sweatshirt, his hair all messy, and he had the cutest smirk on his face.

It took me a second to realize I was staring at him with my mouth open.

Say something, you idiot!

I scoffed, making the only eligible sound I could think of that wouldn't make me sound like a dumbass.

He looked at me, holding a mug in his hand.

"Did you follow me or something?" I managed to say. I looked up to my car in the lot. He was parked next to me.

Fuck.

"Oh, you're not that special," he said with a smile. His eyes pierced mine.

I scoffed again, taken back.

Suddenly he leaned forward, and his light eyes glinted at me. I leaned back a little bit, feeling my heart explode a little.

"What's your name?"

"What's yours?" I deflected.

"I asked first." He sipped on his drink.

I paused. Why the hell not? "Adrianne."

"Hmmm," he muttered, looking at me.

"What?"

"Is that your stripper name or your real name?"

I almost choked. What a dick.

"That's - that's my real one," I stuttered.

"Interesting."

I opened my mouth to say something rude, but the waitress came up and dropped off a plate of french toast in front of him. He smiled at her.

"You need anything else, sweetie?" She turned to me.

"No, I'm good for now," I said. There was no way I was going to eat in front of him now.

She walked away and my eyes fell on him as he took my fork and started eating. He eyed me.

I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes as I sat back in the booth.

"What about you?" I asked.

"What about me?" He replied before taking a bite.

"What's your name?"

He stopped and looked at me as he chewed. I waited as he finished and swallowed.

"Reece."

"Like the chocolate?" I grinned.

He made a face and shook his head. "They're disgusting. Chocolate and peanut butter don't mix."

My mouth hung open as he continued eating.

"You are the only person who has that opinion, I hope you know." I felt myself loosen up a little.

He shrugged and kept eating. I sat in silence as he ate and my thoughts eventually went to the night he saw me dancing at work.

Half naked.

Jesus.

I felt my face go red, but he didn't notice.

"So what do you do besides dance for money?" He paused for a second, the fork in one hand and a knife in the other.