I started off quick, "I can explain!"

Her eyebrows slanted down, "Explain? Explain in my office. I'll call in and tell your homeroom teacher you'll be quite late this morning."

I frowned, "Laurie really. I'm sorry. I didn't forget on purpose."

"Eight thirty. My office. I mean it this time, Jax."

And with that she walked off. She cut me some slack by not writing me up the first time or dragging me to the principal's office. Now I'm probably gonna have two Saturday detentions along with this fucking write up. She can do way worse too. I'll gladly take the double Saturday detention and stop complaining though.

When the bell rang I had no choice, but to drag my ass into Laurie's office. I didn't bother making eye contact with her. I sat down in the chair awkwardly and waited for my fate to be announced.

"Jax." She said dryly.

I drop my head in my hands and sigh, "Yup. I know."

"What happened this weekend?" She asked, keeping her dry tone.

Maliah flashes in my head. I bite my lips without thinking about it, remembering how hers felt against mine. Then my body quivers with that super specific tingly feeling. Well this should be interesting.

I lifted my head and stared at her, "Maliah and I made out. Out of nowhere. She freaked out about it."

She didn't flinch or react in any way like I thought she would. Unless she knew something stupid was going to happen.

"That's what made you forget you had detention Saturday?"

I rolled my eyes, realizing she's gonna actually do her job for once, "Yup."

"I was forced to write you up. I hope you're aware of that."

"Yup."

"And you don't care?"

I shrug, I am so tired of this conversation already, "Nope."

"Of course not. You're being suspended."

I pause, feeling some slight rage build up inside of me, "For what? For missing one stupid ass detention?"

"No. For constantly being written up and refusing to change your attitude. I have no choice."

"You can't suspend me. That's not your fucking job!"

"I'm helping you!"

"Fuck this," I said getting up and adjusting my book bag. "All of suddenly everyone wants to do their fucking jobs."

"Three days of suspension. You better clean up your act before you get into deeper trouble Jax. I can't do anything for you then."

I scoffed and made my way to the door, "Fuck you, Laurie."

"That's another day, Jax Keen."

I open the door and slam it closed, "Put it on my fucking tab why don't you!"

I walk off clutching my book bag. Why am I so angry anyway? Getting days off of school is a blessing. Sure, home is a shitty place to be, but I guess it'll have to settle for now.

I take out my cell and tap on Hielee's number. I'm sure she'll be down to ditch this place.

**

I fold my arms and stare straight out of the window. Hielee gets in the car and closes her door. I wait to hear her shove the key in the ignition, but she doesn't. Instead I feel her eyes on me.