City of the Broken Heart (The Mortal Instruments fanfic)~

C.P.O.V

I stared at the celling and sighed, it had been only two years ago that everything turned to nothing.

*Flash Back*

"Hey Iz" I exclaimed walking into the institute, it felt weird not to knock but Mayrse said that I was welcome in anytime and that I didn't have to knock.

"Hey Clary" She said her long, smooth black hair was pulled up into a high pony tail that rested atop of her head. "Where have you been girly?!" she exclaimed "Oh no where really, just here and there" I smirked and we both started to giggle.

"So what brings you here darling" she asked "Oh well it is Jace's and I's two year anniversary and I thought we might go out" I said gesturing my hand up and down my green floral dress. "What!!" she yelled "Clary! you are definitely not going out for your anniversary dressed like a flower bouquet!" she yelled "I like my dress" I said but knowing Isabelle, myself and her had a completely different taste in fashion, I was just the kind of person that would wear skinny jeans and a white tank top, but tonight I thought I might step out if my comfort zone and try a dress I had picked myself.

Isabelle on the other hand, fashion is like her addiction, everything is about short, tight skimpy things that made her curves stand out and gave her body an amazing shape. "Wheres Jace anyway?" I asked "In his room" she said turning around "Okay, see'ya later Iz" I said making my way to the elevator "Oh and Clary?" she said "Yeah?" "I want all the details okay?" she said smirking, I flushed but said "Sure thing Iz, but don't be disappointed when nothing happens" I said and then walked through the open doors.

It was awfully quite in the the institute, it must have been only Isabelle and Jace home. I rounded the corner and headed down the corridor to where Jace's room was. There was an awful lot of of noises coming down the corridor, it sounded as if someone was banging against the wall. As I neared his room, the noises became more clearer, and I managed to pick out some grunting. What in name of the angel is Jace doing? I asked myself.

I was just outside his door now and this time I could here voices on the other side it sounded like a female "Oh please don't stop!" she said "Never" I instantly recognised that voice.

Jace.

I reached for the door knob and flung the door open. I stared in absolute shock. My mind was telling me to run, but feet felt as if they had been moulded to the ground. There in front of me was Jace but he wasn't alone. A black haired girl with brown eyes was pulled under neath him, as he lay on top, his legs on either side of her waist. Their clothes sprawled out all over the floor. My eyes moved instantly back to the pair on the bed. Jace kissing down the girls neck as she groaned and grabbed his head pulling him tighter.

I soon realised she was naked and so was he. The girl must have noticed my presence because she screamed. Jace swung his head around, his hair flicking in his eyes. I gasped in horror as I soon came to realise what had happened. Jace cheated on me! By having sex with a another girl, on our anniversary.

I felt the tears weld up in my eyes. The girl broke the silence "Who the hell are you!" she hissed "I'm Jace's girlfriend" I said emphasising the word girlfriend "No you're not! I am, have been for the past year! Actually today is our anniversary isn't that right Jacey" she said smiling up at him.

That was it! He cheated in me for the past year, on our anniversary. "Clary I-..." but I cut him off and lunged forward towards him, my hand swung up into a fist as I pounded it down on his face leaving his lip bleeding. I picked up their clothes and threw them out the window down onto the street. Then sprinted my way out sobbing.