I roll my eyes. "Hi Willa" and I turn my head toward Violet and sign, "Hi Violet". She signs back "Hi" and looks back at her phone. 

As I was about to ask them why they are here, my eyes shift toward the kitchen to see what my parents are cooking. By the scent however, I already can tell what it is. Steak and shrimp. The sizzling of the shrimp makes popping sounds as my dad moves the frying pan on top of the stove and the swift movements of the brush that my mother uses to slather the steak with her signature sauce makes my tummy turn more with hunger.

I lick my lips, wanting nothing more than to get a taste of the delicious meal that's being prepared. But the want of knowing why Willa and Violet are here resurfaces.

"Wait, what are you guys doing here?" I say, turning toward them.

Since Violet was still on her phone, Willa answers. "We just wanted to come by and hang out. Your parents told us where you were and when we turned around to leave, your parents invited us for dinner".

I nod and invite them to come in my room until dinner is ready. I situate myself on my bed with my Pikachu stuffed animal in my lap while Willa and Violet made themselves comfortable on my couches. As sit on my bed, the comforter  sinks in with the weight of my body and so does the couches when Willa and Violet sit.

A comfortable silence surrounds us until Violet signs, "So, what's with the bracelet?" And points to my wrist. Willa looks down at my wrist with an expression that shows she's never noticed it. I guess I would expect Violet to notice this because with not being able to hear anything, I guess she would have to rely on her other sense. Her sight. Her eyes would be more alert to the things around her without having sounds to distract her from noticing small details.

"It's a best friend bracelet that I share with Daniel" I answer smiling.

Willa and Violet share a look. A look I remember they gave each other when we were at Daniel's birthday party. I give them a questioning look.

"What?" I ask them both. "We're just friends" I repeat the same thing I said to Lilly. They give each other a disbelieving glance before saying and signing the exact same thing Lilly responded with. What's with people not believing me? And what's with the look? What are people thinking when they have that look on their face? I mean I am telling the truth. I shake my head to rid of all of the questions that were circulating my brain like a Farris wheel in an amusement park.

"Well, what about you guys?" I say changing the subject. "You guys have any one you're interested in?". Although I'm pretty sure Violet has James, I actually want to know who Willa is interested in. If she is.

Willa's eyes go wide and she turns away trying to hide her face. Violet also notices this and we both narrow our eyes in on her. Did she really think we won't notice?

"Ok Willa...who is it?" I question.

She looks my way and tries to put on a casual expression. "Hm? Wh-what are you talking about?" She says. Is she really pulling the clueless card right now? There's no way she's going to get away with this, this easily.

Violet shakes her head and signs, "No, no, no, no, no. Tell us".

Willa looks my way as if I would help her with her situation. When she sees I'm not budging, she huffs in defeat and prepares herself to tell us.

She takes a deep breath, "IthinkImightlikeJayce" she says in all one breath. "Phew! That felt good to get out".

I blink my eyes rapidly trying to comprehend what she said. Or what she attempted to say. After a few more failed attempts to understand, I question, "What?" And so does Violet. "Please repeat. Slower" she signs.

Willa takes another slow deep breath. "I said, I think I might like Jayce" She repeats and signs more slowly and understandingly.

My mouth drops open and it's not until Violet tells me that I'll catch flies if I don't close it, I close my mouth. Since when did she like Jayce? I honestly have not noticed before. Well, I guess for the reason being is because I've been excited about Violet and James.

My mom calls us down for dinner before I can ask how long she liked him. A sense of relief washes over Willa since she doesn't have to explain herself further.

Only for now I'll let this slide. But when the time comes, she better be ready for a lot of questioning.

 But when the time comes, she better be ready for a lot of questioning

A/N: Hey!

Sorry that my updates are so late. My regular times are usually Fridays but I was so exhausted from school yesterday, I couldn't bring myself to edit and update. I was literally running on three and a half hours of sleep yesterday because the night before I was up doing homework. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter! And as always,

Thanks for reading!

And until the next chapter,

- Gia