✦11. Hall of Fame

Ash Ketchum | First Person POV

"Pikachu, use electro-ball to combat Gengar's shadow ball!"

It has been three months since I last returned to Kalos.

I reentered the Kalos League and once again rose up to the finals.

This was the last battle to determine the winner of the League.

I've trained very hard and diligently along with all of my Pokémon, and we are determined to win a league once and for all.

"Pika, pika, chu-pi!"

Pikachu released an orb of electricity launched at a speed so fast the orb was only a blur.

It hit the opposing Gengar's shadow ball and blew up, causing smoke to cover the entirety of the battlefield.

I wasn't done yet.

"Pikachu, use the smoke to your advantage! Use Quick Attack to get up close to Gengar and use Iron Tail!"

"PIKA!"

The opposing trainer, by the name of Lucas, was baffled at the smoke, and couldn't give out a command.

Pikachu sped through the smoke and behind the Gengar.

In a smooth transition, Pikachu slowed down, his tail glowed a shade of steel, and he swung down on Gengar's head with massive force.

The damage was done.

After the dust from the impact of Pikachu's Iron Tail cleared up, it revealed an unconscious Gengar on the ground, with its eyes as swirls.

The announcer spoke up.

"Gengar is unable to battle, which means Pikachu is the winner!"

The crowd cheered loudly, and I looked across the front bleachers to see Clemont, Serena, and Bonnie sitting there, cheering me on.

I glanced at Serena and gave her a wink.

A blush grew on her face, and I chuckled.

I looked back at the battlefield and to my partner.