"I gotta keep ya safe darlin'. Hell it's fun to hold too." He says as the light gleams on the gun making it shine.

"Come on, it's not a toy. Mary's cooking us lunch." I say grabbing his right arm.

He nods and starts putting it back in the protected silver case. Still holding on to his arm, I get a cramp. I squeeze Elvis' poor arm and he turns his head to me. As the cramp disappears in a second his face grows concerned. I Get up anxiously.

"Cramps, Pelvis. Don't worry. It just happens sometimes when I get my period. I just need to hurry up and eat." I say reassuring him.

I cup his cheek, his happy expression turns into disappointment. A small frown covers his face. He's definitely hurt after all the trying. He nods and kisses me, softly. Very unusual of him.

"As long as you're ok, baby." He whispers.

He hides the suitcase back under the bed. He slips his hand with mine as we head downstairs. We sit across each other in the dinning room. We quietly sit waiting for our lunch. Never has there been so much pain, disappointment inside this dinning room.

••••••

• Elvis POV •

My heart stopped when Marie squeezed my arm. And it cracked when the word period came out. I moped about the entire day. I decided to shoot some albums with the guys out in the back yard. Marie stayed back in the jungle room listening to her music.

We both feel cheated on. This is something we can't control and it's like Mother Nature's playing tricks on us. I snap back into reality after Red shot and missed a Beatles' album. I chuckle half heartedly as I fix my stance and aim out in the blue sky.

"Beatles." I mutter to Joe.

All I see next is a vinyl high up in the air. I wait for the perfect moment and pull the trigger. The record falls to pieces. I smile small and turn to the guys. They stare at me quietly.

"What the hell man? Sonny, you're next." I say pulling out a cigar and lighting it.

Red shakes his head, "Nah man. Something's up."

Joe nods and the rest follow. I glare at them.

"I just wanna shoot. The hell's the matter with y'all?" I snapped.

Joe shakes his head.

"The hell is matter with you E! You and Marie have yet to notice us until today!" Joe shouts frustrated.

I glare at him, my anger starts boiling. Fuming, I stomp back inside Graceland.

••••••

• Marie's POV •

Sure, my heart hurts. I feel like I was a bit lied to since I really did think I'd get pregnant. But there's always next time. I lie back on the black leathery sofa and lose myself in my music. Another gun shot stands out through my music. I roll my eyes and hug one of the many stuffed animals Elvis has given me that I left down here. Every new one he gives me will probably end up in here too.

Thoughts run through my head. What if I'm too old? What if I messed up my eggs because I took the pill for so long? What if I'm just old, plain and simple? I take out my earphones and sink in the leather sofa. What if Elvis doesn't want a non fertile, old hag for a wife? I stare up at the ceiling when suddenly I hear a door slam. I get up and head upstairs.

Quietly, I watch Elvis make his way to the living room. He throws his gun at the sofa and throws his arms up in anger. He quickly runs both his hands through his hair. He curses under his breath and puts his hands on his hip, shaking his head. Poor sweetheart. I slowly make my way toward him. Knowing him, he'll refuse to talk about his emotions and what not. So why not catch him in the act?

"Baby." I softly say, he turns to me surprised.

Frowning, he takes my hands in his.

"I just want a little one. . That ain't much to ask... is it?" He softly mutters in despair.

I shake my head and wrap my arms around his chest. I rub his back as he puts his forehead on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry." I say fighting tears back.

I feel so guilty. It's my fault, after all it is my body. He lifts his head up and wraps his arms around me, tight and close to him. Our foreheads touch, he stares at my eyes while I try avoiding his sweet icy eyes.

"It's no body's fault." He whispers.

"I'm an old hag." I choke out looking away.

Tears stroll down my cheeks. I just feel so guilty. Elvis suddenly squeezes his grip on me. I gaze at his heart melting eyes, I can't help it now.

"Don't you dare say that. Never in your life." Elvis demanded in a serious tone.

I shake my head. But I am. I really am. He cups my cheeks and wipes away the tears with his thumbs.

"I am Elvis. I'm barely holding on to my twenties." I mutter as my cheeks grow hot.

Frustrated, Elvis mashes his lips with mine. Without any energy or happiness in me, I couldn't kiss back. He pulls back with sad eyes.

"Nothing is wrong with you. Please Marie. Don't get back in to this." Elvis pleas bringing his eyes closer to mine.

He's talking about my crazy outburst that one summer day almost a year ago. I shrug, feeling defeated. Elvis' worry only grows. He takes my right hand and leads me up the stairs.

"Come on honey. I want you all day. Regardless of anything." He demands sternly. I follow behind him slowly.

•••

• Narrator POV •

For the rest of the day, they spent it locked in their room. Either holding each other close or just practicing- as they called it. They never needed each other so much. The sadness was tragic and the imaginary loss hurt them both. Their hopes were crushed, exactly like the Beatles vinyl from earlier.

There's nothing that can be done but just wait. Feeling discouraged doesn't help either. The tiny family's heart breaks as they realize they don't have a chance at having a little one.