Chapter #3 Beaten

After class was over for the day, Cooper asked me if I wanted to grab a coffee from the cafeteria. Of course I said, yes.

The two of us walked out of the school building and made our way across the quad towards the cafeteria. We made small talk as we did, talking about interests and hobbies.

    "So what do you normally do when you're not in class?" I asked him.

    "Well, I usually just walk around. Take in the sights. It doesn't matter where, I just like to walk." Cooper explained.

    "That's so nice. It actually sounds very relaxing." I spoke.

    "It is, maybe you should come with me sometime. It'd be nice to have some company." Cooper smiled.

    "I just might have to." I agreed.

    "So what do you do outside of class?" Cooper wondered now.

    "Well, I mainly just hang out in my dorm room and do homework. It's really the only place where I can be relaxed and not have to be afraid of-" I began, but I was cut off by the person I was about to describe.

    "Oh! Hi Sheena!" Chelsea greeted. She already had a devious tone in her voice.

    "What do you want Chelsea?" I replied, unamused.

    "Hey now, is that any way to talk to me?" Chelsea questioned innocently.

    "I think you can figure out the reason why I am." I stated.

    "Let me guess, because I'm a 'bitch'? Oh Sheena, when are you going to accept that I'm like this because you asked for it." Chelsea sneered.

    "I never asked for you to be a bitch." I defended.

    "Yes you did. When you outshined me in our English class! I was supposed to be the star of our Romeo and Juliet reading! And you just had to be better. You stole the role from me, and my Romeo!" Chelsea ranted.

    "Is this all because you didn't get to act next to Tommy Jones? You're really that jealous? I don't even think he's cute!" I exclaimed.

    "Good! Because he clearly didn't think you were either! You ugly pig!" Chelsea insulted.

    "Hey! Don't call Sheena that! She's beautiful!" Cooper snarled.

Chelsea completely ignored Cooper's comment and stepped up close to my face, an angry expression across her own.

    "Now get out of my way!" She growled before shoving me out of the way and storming off. Amber and Tori followed close behind her, trying to calm her down.

Cooper watched her go, his face was grim.

    "What a horrible person! That's awful how she just picks on you like that! For a stupid reason too!" He started.

    "Yeah well, I've just kind of gotten used to it..." I admitted.

    "That's terrible.....You don't believe what she says, do you? About you being ugly?" Cooper whimpered.

    "Sometimes. It makes some sense to me. I mean, no guys ever show any interest in me so maybe I am not that attractive." I answered.

Cooper stepped in front of me now, his expression had gone serious. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

    "Well don't. Don't ever think that way. I might have just met you today, but even I can see that you're more than just a chemistry student. From what I've gathered so far, I can see that you're smart, fun, and most of all beautiful inside and out. And I mean that." Cooper comforted.