Chapter #2 Meeting Cooper

I looked on in fear as this shadow figure seemed to stare up at my window, right at me. Out of inclination, I yanked my curtains closed, sheilding myself from the person's vision. Who was out there?

A minute later, after I had calmed my eradicated breathing, I took one of the curtains and drew it back a bit. Maybe the person was gone? As I looked out my breathing hitched.

They were still out there. But closer this time. I let out a loud yelp and pushed the curtain closed again. I felt very scared now. Were they coming for me? I was all alone so it'd be easy to come in and kill or kidnap me.

Letting these thoughts get to me, I immediately began locking the windows in my dorm room. Next, I shut my lamp off and bolted downstairs for the front door. I had to lock that too! Bounding down the stairs, I sped walked towards the door but when I was just a few feet from it, the handle began to turn.

Oh no.....it was them. I felt dead already. Saying my mental goodbyes, I winced as the front door swung open to reveal the person.

Stacy?! She greeted me with a look of concern.

    "Sheena? What are you doing down here? Are you ok?" She questioned.

I was so confused. But, trying to hide it I shook my head and smiled a bit at my concerned roommate.

    "Yeah, I'm ok. Why are you home so early?" I wondered.

    "The Alpha Betas ran out of alcohol because they decided to waste it on some dumb game they were playing. Dunk the freshie or something like that, it was some initiation thing for the fresh meat." Stacy explained.

    "Yikes. Hey Stacy, you didn't happen to see anybody else outside did you? Like creeping around the dorm?" I asked.

    "No, why?" She replied.

    "Oh, no reason. I think it was just tree shadows tripping me out or something. You know what, I suddenly feel very tired. I'm going to bed." I rambled, heading up the stairs.

    "Ok. Night Sheena." Stacy called.

I bursted back into my dorm room and beelined for the window. Opening the curtains I saw no one outside. They had left. I sighed. Was I just seeing things?

    "I need to relax, maybe school is just stressing me out and making me hallucinate. Yeah, that's got to be it." I told myself, changing into my pajama pants and a tshirt. Jumping into bed, I pulled the covers up to my chin and faced away from the window.

As I fell asleep, I didn't notice the shadow had jumped up to the window and watched me sleep until Stacy entered the room. It fled from our window then, but neither one of us ever saw it.....

The next morning I woke up bright and early for my math class. Taking a quick shower i just threw on a green tshirt and some jean overalls with that. My typical style. As I was brushing my hair, Stacy rolled over in her bed, half awake. Her hair was a mess.

    "Good morning, Sleeping Beauty!" I greeted.

    "Ugh, morning." Stacy grumbled, turning back over. She was definitely going to be late for class at this rate.

Me, not allowing that to happen, got an idea. I went into the bathroom down the hall and poured a plastic cup full of freezing cold water and took it back to the room. Looming over Stacy, I tipped the cup of frigid water over, letting it spill onto Stacy. She screamed and practically flew out of her bed. I stood back and laughed, proud of my successful wake up plan.

    "Wakey wakey Stacy!" I exclaimed, still giggling uncontrollably.

    "You are toast Anderson!" Stacy warned, shaking herself off.