"Yea, we have a couple and I'm sure you'll be comfortable on my father's. It'll be fun. We'll ride out to the lake."

"And what? Have a nice little picnic and watch butterflies?"

"I was gonna say hunt once we got there, but if you really want to go with the lovey dovey-"

"Hunting it is." I declared. Scythe grinned as Trisha set our tea in front of us before drifting out of the room quickly. My eyes followed her before I looked at Scythe, who was sipping his tea.

"Does she not like me?" I asked curiously. Scythe raised an eyebrow.

"Who? Trisha? Oh, don't worry about her. She's always been like that. I overheard her telling Thalia that she thinks she can sense evil around here, but she's just kind of crazy. She's lost a lot of people in her previous pack, so I don't doubt that she's a little paranoid."

"That's kind of depressing."

"Welcome to my world. Well, what was my world. I have a way better world now." Scythe said, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes, gulping my tea down and breathing gently at the warmth and calmness that spread over me. Far more relaxing than training, I decided comfortably. I looked up when I felt Scythe staring at me. He was resting his chin in his palm, elbow on the table, eyes staring right at me.

"What?" I asked, reaching up to touch my face. Did I have something on my face? Scythe laughed, shaking his head.

"Nothing. I just like watching you..." He answered. I felt my cheeks get warm at that as I cleared my throat, finishing my tea and rising to my feet.

"How about that bike ride?" I asked. Scythe smirked and stood up, gesturing for me to follow him outside. We left the house and headed to the barn for the bikes. We entered from the side, only to hear something strange. It sounded like panting. Scythe and I shared looks.

The barn was large with an arched roof. There was a hayloft above, but it was used for old parts and rituals. Down below, the stables had been taken apart to make room for three vehicles and at least several bikes that were propped in the corner. Just past the Raptor, I could easily make out Kylan and Alek.

I stiffened as Kylan pinned Alek to the wall of the barn, his hands wandering Alek's backside while Alek gasped, digging his nails into Kylan's arms. Scythe came up behind me to peek at the scene before a smirk curled his lip. He held a finger to his lip, glancing at me before he looked up and cleared his throat loudly.

Alek gave a girly shriek and shoved Kylan hard enough to send him stumbling back into the bikes. Kylan flailed his arms for a second, wincing as Alek spat on the ground.

"Don't touch me!" Alek snarled at him, then shoved between Scythe and I with his shoulders, bursting out the side door and slamming it shut behind him. Scythe glanced at me to see if I was alright and I just nodded before looking over Kylan, who looked shamefaced at the ground.

"I'm sorry," He apologized, "Please don't tell anyone! If Thalia were to find out-"

"Cool it," Scythe soothed, surprising me as he walked over to plop a hand on Kylan's shoulder, giving it a squeeze, "I'm not telling anyone. And neither will Zaid. In fact, we didn't see anything, did we?" He glanced over at me and I shook my head quickly. Scythe smiled and looked back at Kylan reassuringly. Kylan breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you so much, Scythe." He said quickly before brushing past us quickly to leave. Scythe watched him go, then looked at me with a grin.

"And I thought Alek was a homophobe." He smirked, walking over to a red dirtbike, gesturing to the blue one beside him. I approached it, picking up the leather riding jacket on the seat, sliding it on as I reached for the helmet.