Safaa shifts closer as her eyes heavy, moving across the couch. She blinks at Liam before settling her head in his lap, hands folding under her cheek.

Liam glances at Niall nervously, and he only shrugs, amusement glowing in his eyes. He cards gentle fingers through her hair nervously, feeling the heat that radiates from her.

He isn't sure if she falls asleep but he is too afraid to budge an inch, afraid of jostling her and waking her up if she has. The fondness in his chest grows as he hums to her a song his mother used to sing to him, and he ignores the amused smirk Niall sends his way.

He thinks about his own sisters, and how much they would like Zayn. It would be embarrassing if they met him, because Nicola and Ruth love teasing him in front of whoever he is dating or fancies, but he sort of craves it - his family and Zayn meeting each other.

Niall leaves after awhile, laughing softly when Liam frowns at him. His own eyes heavy, sleep starting to take ahold of him as the door opens.

Liam turns his head on the couch after a moment, to find Zayn standing a few feet away, tongue pressed between his lips in concentration as he holds an expensive looking camera in front of his face.

He pulls it away, placing it carefully onto the table in front of the couch, his face bright red in embarrassment as he leans over them.

"Hey," Zayn whispers as he folds a hand over Liam's cheeks. He smiles softly before sliding his palm over Safaa's forehead, a worried looking taking over her face.

"Thank you," he whispers as Safaa fidgets against Liam's lap.

She reaches tiredly for Zayn as he wraps his arms around her, settling beside her on the couch. She tucks her face into his neck, muttering something Liam can't hear.

It makes Liam's heart swell and he looks away, wanting to hide the way his fondness shows on his face.

"Alright, babe? Feeling any better?"

Liam doesn't hear her response so he glances back at them. She cups a hand to Zayn's ear, and whatever she says makes Zayn's face burn even redder, eyes glancing up at Liam through his eyelashes.

"Yeah," Zayn breathes, sliding her hair out of her face. "I like him too."

+*

Liam tucks Zayn to his chest, curling his arms around his lower back and nudging his lips against his cheek. Zayn's arms are wrapped around his shoulders, dragging Liam across the carpet until Zayn's back is pressing against the wall.

"What?" Liam huffs out, smiling as he nudges Zayn's jaw so his head tilts towards his shoulder. Marks linger against his neck, finger shaped and mouth shaped and even though there is a calm settled around them that he is kind of in love with, arousal twists down his spine as he remembers how they got there.

"Nothin'," Zayn sighs as Liam kisses the bruises gently. Something unsaid lingers in the air and Liam waits, starting to catch onto the hints that tell him Zayn is feeling shy. "Thank you for watching Safaa while I was in class."

Liam hums, soaking in the scent of Zayn's cologne as he drags his nose against Zayn's neck. "I'm glad I got to meet her."

Zayn moves his head back so Liam looks down at him, smiling softly at the nerves on Zayn's face before he drags his lips across his. He coaxes his lips apart slowly, sighing into the slow kiss as Zayn's fingers tangle into his hair.

"Babe," Zayn whispers against his lips, tilting his head to flick his tongue past Liam's bottom lip. "How quiet can you be?"

It is sudden, the way that spark flies down Liam's spine. Louis is in the living room on the phone with his mum, Niall somewhere else in the house, hunched over the homework that has been stressing him out for the last few hours. And he has no idea where Harry is, though he is pretty sure he had heard him in the hallway saying goodbye to Tricia and Safaa before Zayn snuck into his room.