clarke griffin ➳ horrifying revaletion

clarke looked down at your body with tears running down her face, her swollen cheeks and pale skin standing out against the dark of the night

clarke looked down at your body with tears running down her face, her swollen cheeks and pale skin standing out against the dark of the night. her hair was in her face, obstructing her view slightly which she was thankful for because the change in your appearance was scaring her.

she had always thought you were beautiful, she had never thought she would see you with sore, red marks all over your skin. a kind of disease that would never heal.

it had been a normal night, she thought. you two had been talking about the future of arkadia now that it seemed your time was running out. that's when the argument began, it was over nothing really, a stupid list and who to put on it. she had made a low blow comment that you both knew she didn't mean but it still upset you, it still made you shake your head and feel the need for air.

so you ran outside.

nobody knew yet, nobody knew until you began to scream that the rain held some type of radiation in it that your body couldn't handle. nobody knew that the rain could kill you. it had been a horrifying revalation, one that clarke would never get over, especially since the last words the two of you exchanged had been mean and unneeded.