14- "I didn't empty my pockets to watch this shit."

Comenzar desde el principio

After refreshing myself a bit, (hopefully wiping off the smell of alcohol from me) and brushing my teeth (thank God, she had a spare brush), I approached Kyle in the kitchen who was making pasta. As for her roommate, she wasn't seen roaming around so I assumed she was still sleeping without a care in the world.  Honestly, I was thankful for that.

I swiveled my head around the living room, connecting the kitchen. It was neat and classy. Infact the whole apartment was way better than my rented apartment. From expensive furniture to a big plasma screen, to glamorous show pieces on the living room, it looked like an apartment owned by the elites. Even their bathrooms seemed like the one from a five star hotel. Must be Kyle's money I bet.

But even the royal suite couldn't stop me from being so out of place. The fact I was in a girl's apartment was what made it bad. Especially the bathroom that smelled of flowers and lavender. Not just that, I even happened to see a packet of sanitary napkins, lying on the open shelf and a peach colored bra hanging by it's strap. Son, you better make your way out of this ladies department before you degrade your eyes even further. The sooner, the better.

I was about to speak up when Kyle placed a cup of hot coffee on a small island and told me to take it. “Thanks for the offer but I gotta run. I have office in two hours.” I rejected right away.

“But I'm already making pasta for three people. It will just take five minutes to cook, I promise. Meanwhile, have some coffee. You don't look so great... Sorry, I mean, you look like you need it. Here,” she said, leaving the gas and giving me the cup to  hold it myself. She offered it so nicely that I didn't have the heart to say 'no'. Besides, I could really do well with some coffee right now.

“Thank you for this coffee. It was good,” I complimented after taking the last sip, “And I'm sorry for crashing into your apartment like that. I must have creeped you out. I swear it wasn't on purpose. I was about to leave after dropping Natasha but the alcohol overwhelmed me.”

She shook her head, breaking to a small smile, “It's okay. To be honest, I was a bit surprised when I saw you sleeping on the sofa but then I looked at Natasha and understood. Oh, look, the pasta is ready now,” she said cheerfully as she glanced at the pan and turned off the gas. “Now you have no choice but to eat it. Take it as my gratitude for—”

Kelly!” A lousy voice echoed through the kitchen, startling us both. My eyes widened at the woman I accompanied a few hours ago. Not because her straight hair was disheveled or her face that was ruined with make up. Not even the fact that she would see me. It was because...

“Jesus Christ, Natasha, wear something decent! Your friend is right in front of you!” I heard Kyle shout to her. As for me, I had my head turned to a side with my eyes shut, hoping to wipe off the image of her in a light pink lingerie. Maybe seeing a woman in a lingerie wasn't supposed to a big deal when I've seen them revealing much more than that, at the beaches. It wasn't supposed to be, but the 'thing' she wore was translucent, leaving nothing to the imagination of what she wore underneath.

“What friend? Ugh, I don't care who or what, but do something about my hangover please. Fuck, my head is murdering me!” Natasha complained and let out another painstaking squeal.

“Okay, sit down Nat. I'll make a glass of lemonade righ— Are you going? Wait, Vansh. I- I'm so sorry. It's not her fault. She didn't realize you—”

“I understand, Kyle,” I answered as I halted before the door. “I'm just sorry for intruding your privacy. Thank you for your hospitality anyway. Bye.” With that, I bolted out of the door, out of the building, out of the area, with my face all flustered. Although before going I think I heard Natasha say— 'Was that Vansh?'