~part 31~

A year later.....

"Good morning ma'am."

"Good morning..." I replied sleepily.

"After a year of investigating, we think we may have found some proof against Mr Siddharth Nigam who was allegedly convicted of the murder of Miss Jannat Zubair."

I straightened up immediately as I heard my colleague.

"Alright. Where do you want me to come?"

"Well, we want a quick discussion about a plan we are forming to fully get to the depths of this case. Faisal Sir will be at your house with a few other members to discuss if you don't mind."

"No, not at all. Please tell them to come immediately."

💓

"What! No!?" I cried in exasperation as I heard Faisal's plan.

"Faisal, this plan is like a child's play. You can't possibly be serious?!"

He sighed. "I knew she would react somewhat like this." He whispered to his henchman.

"Right - listen. This is the only option we have. He trusts you and I know you had feelings for him at one point. I know you did because he told me himself. I want you to take advantage of his trust."

"He's too smart."

"Now you're acting like a child. Until we don't discover further proof, it is good to get this back up plan going. Please try to understand."

"Whatever - I just know that this isn't going to be easy. I have to do so many things to - to gain his trust." I looked away and thought of the future.

"Just give him a few kisses and excitement and he'll give you all the information you need!" Faisal's henchman said excitedly.

I looked at him in disgust.

"Run along, Dev." Faisal ordered him.

"What was that all about?" I asked Faisal doubtedly.

"He has a point, you know. And you are good friends with him, so close to being in a relationship."

"A cop and a thief don't make a good couple, Faisal. Surely you know that."

"A cop and a thief is just a perspective. Change it. Change your mind and carry out the task. Be a thief of his mind. Steal the information from him, for all you know - you don't know the outcome."

"Neither do you." I said adamantly, folding my arms around my chest.

"But my perspective hasn't changed." He replied quickly.

"What's up with this 'perspective'? All you're talking about is perspective and yet you fail to see my perspective." I was slowly losing it.

"I feel you. I know how you must be thinking to act all fake and as if you're in love with him but - this is politics. And for politics, one must lose something and gain something."

I looked down at the floor stubbornly.

"Look at me." He lifted my chin gently.