~part 7~

I rested my feet upon the couch, leaning against the window, still thinking over last night's party and Tunisha.

I had low music playing on my headphones, while my tired head lay. It was 9pm the next evening.

"Jannat?" You awake?"

"Yeah...." a rather muffled voice came from under the pillows.

"Is Tunisha actually popular?"

She lifted her head and stared at me.

"Well, she ain't that beautiful for nothing."

"She seemed nice though."

"Of course she will act nice,"

"How can you say that about your friend?" I asked her in surprise, thinking she would defend Tunisha.

"Everyone is two faced remember!"

"By the way, it's been day since I saw Roshni, where is she? And you seemed to have moved into our dorm?!" I giggled.

"Probably with Faisal or someone."

"She's still with Faisal after that misunderstanding?"

"Well duh - she's Roshni, she won't leave the guy she wants just because some mishap occurs!"

I was stunned at Jannat's responses towards her friends. She seemed to be saying against them instead of supporting them. Was she even my friend?

"Wouldn't it be great if all misunderstandings were cleared?" I changed the subject.

"Naa, drama is pretty fun to watch - but, as long as I'm not involved. Anyways, I'm feeling sleepy, good night!"

At that moment, I suddenly felt like I no more belonged to this friendship group; there are people who back bite about you, gossip, dramatize stuff and even say they enjoy it! Gosh - how can someone be so impure?

Maybe I was just too pure to see it.

💓

"Rise and shine sunshine!" Jannat smacked a pillow on my head gently.

"Urgh, I don't wanna go to lessons."

"Oh my god! The nerd of the squad wants to skip lessons!? Well that's a life time news." She teased.

"Shut up." I replied, sleepily.

I got up in my pajamas which consisted of a stringy black top and a pair of shorts, and slinked towards the bathroom. After I had freshened up I went over to the fridge and picked up an apple.

I sat down at the dining table with Jannat but I felt like I was missing something.

"Ahhh! Right - my newspaper. I need to check if Rachel dropped it off for me as I told her to yesterday."

I casually walked over to the door and opened it and to my horror a face was behind the door.

"ARGH OH MY GOD!!!!" I screamed and dropped the apple, thrusting a hand over my chest. The guy caught the apple just as I was about to collapse.

I stared at this person in shock.

"Sidd?"

"Hey :)" he waved at me with a smile.