~part 30~

As soon as I arrived, the most obvious thing noticeable were the multiple shards of glass that had been broken and had been lying on the blowing grass covered in dandelions, since God knows when.

Avneet somehow came from behind the gate and was shaking with nervousness.

"Reem! Thank God you're here. Look..." she showed me her white dress covered in blood stains.

"What on earth?! I'm sorry but I can't keep this silent anymore. I have to call Faisal."

I started dialing his number, much to Avneet's disappointment.

"Faisal? Hi, can you please come to Tunisha's old house. There's been a murder and robbery. Yeah. Okay. Yeah, just bring yourself, don't bring any - any officers." I cast a glance at Avneet who looked slightly better when I said that.

"How did you find out it was murder?" She asked me timidly.

"Glass on the floor; blood on your shirt, hands - want any other proof that you committed this murder?" I said, raising my voice.

"WHAT? I did not commit this murder! Why would I have called you to the site then? Someone's just died in there!"

"Oh really? So how did you get into the house when you didn't have the keys.

"Well, I heard a scream so I decided to break the glass and go in to save the person.

"So you broke the glass, you went in - without the keys. Do you know who had the keys?"

"No. That's the point. The murderer had the keys."

"So you're saying the key destroying factory is the murderer? Look, the keys had been destroyed. No one can have the keys and there was no other way to enter this house without breaking the glass, which you did after you heard a scream and after the murder happened."

Suddenly, a car pulled up and Faisal got out with a number of police.

"I thought you said it's just Faisal that's coming!"

"Hmm, maybe that's why you were so scared that someone may discover something."

"Hello Reem. Hello Avneet." Faisal said rather politely.

"Faisal, why are you standing here so calmly? Go on - arrest her!"

"Wait Reem. I want to have a cup of tea first."

"What?!"

He hushed a finger to his lips and led everyone in.

Avneet was just as confused as me.

"Look, I don't know what you're doing but..."

"Chill Reem.... don't fuss."

"Avneet, get me a cup of tea." He ordered.

She rushed into the kitchen and soon enough, brought out a cup of tea.

He smelt the aromatic naturalness of the tea, and was just about to sip it when he stopped and looked down into his rucksack.

To Avneet's horror, he pulled out a chromatogram.

"What - what are you doing?" She asked hesitantly.

"Testing the tea." He replied back with a satisfying smile.

"Why?"

"You'll see."

He used a pipette to add a few drops of the tea onto the paper and soon enough, the molecules started separating. Instead of remaining brown, some white, grainy particles started appearing on it.