"Really?"

"You looked very handsome begging. If there was a competition for 'who looks the best while begging' you'd definitely win the consolation prize." I said.

"But you'd win none."

"I don't think I want to." I said.

He had an amused expression now. "I'll do whatever it takes to get approval for us, even if it amounts to begging." My heart thumped at that. Being with Rudhra meant that you get your heart beat faster for horribly weird but cute (in a way) statements like this. Though I'd never, ever admit it out aloud. So I usually said the same thing in return.

"What an embarrassing thing to say!"

His amusement became more apparent and he held my hands even tighter. "You'll take back on your words when you miss me."

"Huh?"

"I am going to Ooty for a photo shoot tomorrow. I'll be back, but only after four days." He said. This was an unexpected information. And I dreaded the thought of being apart from him. But me, being me, said only the opposite.

"Yayy. Freedom." I said.

"How rude." He said.

"Yes. And I am going to make lots of yummy things and not share it with anyone!" I said, the idea suddenly enticing me all of a sudden. If he was away, then I should put my mind to more productive use- like making food and eating.

I helped him pack his bag, for he had to leave very early in the morning. He looked at me in the eye as though we were in a challenge, for we were in a challenge. He stared at me with hypnotising eyes to utter the three magic words 'I miss you' but I'd never give in to him. The tug of war continued until it was almost time for him to leave as the cab had arrived.

"Do you have anything to say?" He asked me.

"Yes. Have a safe journey." I said,

"Anything else that you want to say?" He asked.

"Bring chocolates." I said.

"Anything else?"

"Bath sometimes."

He looked defeated. Finally, with a huff of breath, he gave up. "Bye. I'll see you soon. I'll miss you very much."

I realised the importance of his existence only after he left, for I began missing him with every possible minute. I couldn't believe that I missed Rudhra more than I'd think. I made fried rice for myself and that didn't deflect me from thinking about Rudhra. Being with Rudhra was more fun than anything in the whole entire world. It was then I got a message from him.

'What doing?'

I finally had the courage to say everything that had been on my mind for the whole day. Someday, I'd gather the courage to say it in person.

'Rudhra, I miss you very very much. I know I should have said it before, but I've never said it before, and panicked very much. But I promise you that I won't refrain from saying it anymore. I've never felt this way before. I love you very much. Please come back soon.'

His response was immediate.

'Hahahaha. Messaged to warn you to not make anything delicious in my absence. LOL'

Omg!! What had I done! I should have never done it! I should have never given in! The cellphone buzzed for another message from him.

'Screenshotted.'

That pretty much sealed my fate.

****

Author's Note:

I hope everyone reading this is doing well. 

My intention is to write a light hearted comedy about a couple who are both entirely different and similar. I can assure you that it doesn't have any melodramatic moments. So I really apologize if it doesn't meet your expectations of a normal wattpad story. I say this because there was someone who said that this story was horrible. 

Sams and Rudhra are both people who have their faults but have their own charm (or maybe I am saying this because I am the author :)) He is not an angry, ruthless billionaire, he's just a guy next door, and your average Devil.

Thank you, once again. Everyone still reading this story, I thank you with all my heart and soul for presenting me an opportunity to write. Your suggestions are most welcome.

Brace yourself for the next DD chapter!