“I mentioned to Ruby that we will be going...and might have or might not have hinted that they should come along” She says a small smile coming to her face as she glances back down the beach “It looks like it was a good idea...your all getting along well” She smiles as you can hear the distance loud laughing of the boys by the sea.....including Hayden and Noah.

I frown again chewing my lip as I rub the towel aimlessly over my arms, not really paying attention as my eyes are focused down the beach, towards the sea.....

“.....Lexi just try getting along okay sweetie? They’re nice kids and it will be good for you to make some friends..” I catch the end to whatever my mom was saying...

I look back to her, frowning my eyebrows more “I have friends already” I say, rubbing my arms....

Her head looks up to me and raises her eyebrow in surprise “You do?......that’s great honey” She smiles “What’s their names?  You should have invited them to come....” She carries on with a wide happy smile, and it’s only then I realise that I’ve just classed Charlie, Abby and Nathan as my friends......

I blink at that realisation, maybe I do.....

I shake my head looking to my mom who’s still going on about wanting to meet ‘my friends’

“Mom!” I say loudly cutting her off “Just leave it.....I only met them recently..” I say...more like mumble and look down to the towel I’m holding creasing my eyebrows slightly......

I can tell my mom’s happy....I’m not surprised....all my school life I’ve just had my brothers and followed them.....

She smiles nodding “Okay honey...” She gives me a happy look then raises her eyebrow as she notices my clothes....

“Please tell me you brought some spare clothes with you” She says almost pleadingly....

I bit my lip, holding back a smirk “Uh...um...well....no...” I mutter giving her a sheepish look.

Mom sighs shaking her head and pushes up her sunglasses more “What are we gunna do with you?” She mumbles to herself...but I can see a trace of a small smile forming on her lips....

I smirk slyly and drop the towel back onto the blanket spread out across the sand beside mom...

“Oh...” I say remembering “Where’s my locket?” I ask as I took it off and gave to mom to look after so it wouldn’t get damaged or something in the sea...

Mom reaches into her bag and pulls out the gold locket handing it to me

“Thanks” I smile as I clip it back around my neck, letting it hang in the middle of my chest. I’ve been wearing it basically all the time since mom gave it to me.....if I could I would get it permantly attached, to know that I’ve always got something from my father with me......

I smile lightly and head back down the beach, by feet sinking in the softer more golden sand before hitting the hard, wet sand as I walk back to everyone else...

“YO! What up homie?!” Evan shouts out coming up to me putting on a fake gangster like voice making me crack a smile.

“What are you doing” I raise an amused eyebrow at him as he slings his arm over my shoulders with a cheeky smirk

I crack up laughing, not at all fazed by Evan’s weird and wacky behaviour as he’s like that pretty much half the time.

Evan laughs smirking at me “Soo...we’re gunna play some volleyball ”Evan grins, his arm still slung over my shoulder “Wanna  join?” He asks glancing down at me, already knowing the answer....