Chapter 11 - Chances - part 1

Start from the beginning

"Yeah..."

"And yet here we are. Talking about Darius. He muscles into everything..."

"I can't stop him from being in the same places as me, Kibbie. Remember who brought him here? Yeah, your boyfriend. And I don't need you stressing me about things you think I need to do."

"So, what? You want him around?"

I huffed, "No, that's not what I'm saying but...I'm not gonna do something because you tell me to do it, okay? I know you're only looking out for me—"

"Your dress." She noticed, "It's kinda..."

I looked down. "Oh! Oh, lemme just..." I straightened it up a bit more. It was just a little off-kilter I guess you could say, looked like someone had obviously taken it off...which they had...ahem.

She sighed. "He's just like this constant stain. Can't get him out. Remember what we talked about in the cab, what I said to you? If ever there was a time to finally tell him what you want or don't want, this is it. Tell him. You've got to. Why wait? I've seen you this past week it's like you've been lit up. And I know you don't just go around having almost-sex with any random dude." She paused. "Wait, it was almost-sex, right? I mean..."

"Yes, it was almost-sex."

"Damn, was it me? When I interrupted earlier. Did I—"

"No, no, no. It was...he...well..."

"He stopped himself?" she guessed correctly as if she couldn't believe it. "Whoa...he must really like you."

I bit my smile thinking about it. "He said he did."

She gave me that aw face and I told her to stop it, she said, "You ever heard guys talk about the girl they just wanna fuck and the girl they wanna date? I think you're the girl he wants to date."

I couldn't help how that made me feel..."I really like him too. That's the thing, Kibb, I like him a lot. Like, really, really a lot." I was still smiling. I couldn't help it.

She looked thrilled for me. "Aw, somebody's in-like?"

I shook my head, "No, somebody's in lots of like. In-attraction, in-lust, in-desire, in-weakness, in-deep, in..fear...Kibbie, he did things to me that...oh God...he makes me feel just..." I sighed my feelings as if I was awash with them again. I was still surprised by them. My words were jumbling in my head, my brain was shot. "I can barely finish my sentences anymore..."

She chuckled. "He kinda has that effect. You should see him at work. He charms with his face alone."

I'll bet...

"I mean, it wasn't all sexual and stuff, we did talk, and it got serious at one point. Like he was doubting me or something..."

"Why, what d'you mean? What did he say?"

I briefly turned to the door behind me when I heard it open. Malachy stepped out and adorably gave me a look that had me turning into a puddle at the mere sight of him, remembering things from only moments before that were turning into an agonizing ache to feel him again. The thrill of only moments ago, of the warmth of his lips, the depth in his eyes, the touch of his fingers, the trail of his tongue, the feel of him between my legs...Kibbie was so damn right, he was hotness personified. And yes, I was a lucky bitch, if just for that moment, I'd take it.

"Kibbie," he nodded, sexily grinning after silently acknowledging me. Obviously the thought of before had triggered his grin as it had triggered mine. A knowing look spread across all our faces.