Chapter 6 - Changing Seasons

Chapter 6 – Changing Seasons

<Mahogany Town, Pokecenter>

“Isaac!”

Isaac immediately snapped out of his daze and looked around. “Yeah?”

“Are you feeling alright?” It was Emma.

“Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?” Isaac said as he laughed light-heartedly.

“You’ve been in a daze ever since we arrived. Are you sure you’re alright?”

“Emma, I-”

“Mister Faraday?” The nurse called. “Mister Isaac Faraday? Your Pokémon is all healed up. Please come to counter 5 to retrieve your Pokémon.”

Isaac sighed and walked to the counter. He could not stop thinking about his ‘dream’ in the forest. Was it real? It seemed real enough. Then again, members of Team Rocket could not be trusted easily.

There was also something else that was bothering him. Espiah wanted him to follow her somewhere, but she did not tell him where. And yet, she let him go easily. Why?

“Isaac!”

“What is it, Emma?” Isaac snapped out of his daze. “You shouldn’t yell at the Pokecenter, you know.”

Emma blushed slightly, then quickly said, “A-Anyway, we have to talk.”

“Sure.” Isaac said as he led her to a nearby bench and sat on it. “Take a seat.”

“It’s regarding your Sawsbuck.”

Isaac immediately started paying close attention. “What about it?”

“Do you know what’s so special about Sawsbuck, the season Pokémon?”

“Yeah, I do.” Isaac nodded. “The plants on Sawsbuck’s body change patterns according to the season we’re in, right?”

“Yup.” Emma nodded. She took out her pokedex and showed him the entry on Sawsbuck. “There are 4 different forms of coats that Sawsbuck can have – summer, autumn, winter and spring.”

The 4 forms look extremely similar except for the antlers which were ever changing – a lush green bush in the summer, pink flowers during spring, reddish-brown leaves in autumn and a snow-white hue for winter.

“Yup, mine is in that form!” Isaac said as he pointed to the summer form. “Well since we do not have seasons here in Johto, I imagine Sawsbuck would always stay in this form.” He said with a laugh.

“That’s not true!” Emma said. “Even in places where it’s summer all year round, Sawsbuck would still have season changes to its body. This is because there’s still a slight shift in the seasons which we may not feel, but Sawsbuck’s body would be able to pick up, causing it to change form.”

“Wait, are you saying that there’s something wrong with Sawsbuck?” Isaac asked with a worried expression on his face.

“Throughout all the time you have spent with your Sawsbuck, have you ever seen it change forms?”

 Isaac thought for a moment. “No, I don’t believe so.”

“It’s been 3 months.” Emma said. “It should have changed to its Autumn form by now, or at least show signs of changing.”

“This is bad isn’t it?”

“No, there’s nothing wrong with it.”

Isaac let out a sigh of relief. “So, since there’s no problem, why are we discussing it?”