Chapter 9

[Vic pov]

"Maybe I should try out for Quidditch next year" Mike stated to all of us at random.

"Whatever Mike" I said uninterested. They keep going on about it but I tuned them out.

I think the only reason he's mentioning it, is because we're at a Quidditch match now. Its Gryffindor verses Slytherin, and currently we're winning, but no ones caught the snitch yet, so it doesn't matter. I'm not one for the game. I don't personally like watching them, but their mandatory attendance by all houses, so I had no choice. I couldn't care if we won or they won. I used to want to be on the team, first year, but that was quickly dismissed.

Kellin's boy toy is on the Slytherin team. He's the seeker, I do say that he is a good player, but like the Slytherin team they are aggressive and hurt the other teams players so they can win. I still can't get over what he might be doing to Kellin. So I want him to fall off that broomstick of his, but that's unlikely. I don't really know anyone on our team, so it's not exciting in the least. The only good thing is that our house is playing. If any other the other three were playing against each other and we weren't then it would be even more torturous. I just don't care about much anymore. Not that I ever cared about Quidditch. Still I have to stand here in the pouring rain to watch a game I don't like. Oh well.

As the match was coming to an end we were winning and I was a little excited about that, but then Oliver caught the snitch and ended up winning the game. The disappointment came and left quickly, for me cause I didn't really care, but the rest of the Gryffindor's were very disappointed and it showed for hours after. I just went off to bed after I was that tired and soaked from the rain.

I woke up and I got ready for my classes as per usual, it's like I'm on autopilot. I just can't get excited about my classes anymore. Now it's been a few hours and I'm now in charms class. We're still practicing the patronus charm. Yay. I hear Flitwick call us up and he wants us to show him if we are able to conjure up one.

So after watching student after student go up and get it, I heard him all up Lynn. Then not long after a bright while light came from her wand and took the shape of an eagle. She was thrilled, and went back to her seat. Then he called up Tony I couldn't hear him speak it, but a light came from his wand as well and took the shape of a turtle. He seemed disappointed that that was the animal he got. Next Flitwick called up Kellin. I immediately paid attention I want to know what his would be. He spoke, but his wand did nothing. He tried again, and nothing. Then a third time and still nothing. He gave up and sat down, he looked embarrassed. I don't blame him. Then professor called up Jaime and the light came out of his wand and took the shape of a dog, a golden retriever to be specific. It suits him.

Then I heard him call me up. I internally groaned. I walked up to Flitwick and did what I had to do, I took out my wand.

"Expecto Patronum" I said.

Nothing happened. I said it again. Still nothing. I quickly walked back off to my seat and sat there. Feeling embarrassed, I guess I know how Kellin feels now. This sucks. It's not the fact I didn't conjure one and everyone, except Kellin did, that is getting to me it's the reason I didn't. No one knows why, only you know that. I don't know why Kellin didn't, but all I know is that he's not happy and nither am I.

After that class I didn't feel like going to my other classes but I sucked it up and did. I left right away not waiting for anyone I didn't want to look at my friends, not even Kellin, I know we're in the same situation but still. I made it too herbology. And I buried my face in the textbook and waiting for everyone to make their way in along with professor Longbottom.