Chapter 3

Air:

As our taxi's arrived to pick us up from the airport, I could sense Earth's eneasiness about our seperation. As the backdrop ghouls, we have bonded deepl in our positions. We almost never leave the stage during rituals and almost never leave each others side off stage. Our elements, though opposite, do not exist without the other. With out the earth, i am nothing.

Earth:" HEY! what are you staring at me like that for?" he said, jolting me from my thoughts.

Air:" Oh sorry, got caught up in thought about..uhh.. about the unholy mission we are on. heh..." I choke out a chuckle to cover up my embarassment of being caught in my longing.

Earth:" Yea, the mission is important and all, but....Air, do we really have to go sepereate ways just to find her? I dont want to be without you in this strange place! What if a christian finds me?! What if they want to hurt me??!!"

He choked out with a tear forming in this eye. I grabbed him and bear hugged his small frame against mine, feeling the wonderful heat between us.

Air:" No one will find you, Earth, as long as you blend through the crowds and hide until you reach your destination. You are a strong force and no christian would dare fuck with you! They'd piss themselves at the thought of attacking you!!"

I feel him giggle into my chest at the imagery of a stuck up asshoel pissing themselves in fear. He takes a deep breath and pulls away from my embrace, looked me in the eyes and smiled a content smile.

Earth" You always know how to ground me when i need it. Which makes no sense, since i am the fucking ground!"

We both roar with laughter and realize we had kept both of our drivers waiting. We shared one last hug and sneak a kiss in. I watch him climb into his taxi and waved him off before climbing into my own

Air: I hope this mission is a short but successful venture. I do not wish to miss my earyh any longer than absolutely nessecary. Who will keep my heart in the clouds he is no there?:

I handed the driver the card to the hotel i would be staying in while we search for the woman of flight. I slowly drifted off in the backseat on the long drive

:Oh, Earth, I need your heat to keep me warm, though you are small, you out measure me in body tempature and i desire it so:

Water:

As we arrived at the gate for our second flights, I couldnt help but begin to hate that they hadnt sent the clergy with us to help out. Teams of two would have been safer than each Ghoul off on our own.

Honestly. I just didnt want Alpha to go off on his own. He is addicted to lonliness. I had just barely broke through the wall he put up ad now our time apart will undoubtly built it back up. I take in a heavy breath and huff it out, trying to alert him i have something to say. He doesnt say a thing, nor look my way. Clueless oaf...My Clueless oaf...

Water:" Are you going to be okay, alone on this leg of the journey, Alpha?" i ask, knowing he will be perfectly fine but i want him to know i care for him.

Aplha:" Yea, you know me, Mr. Best-on-my-own! heh"

Water:" oh yea..well..umm...will you check in with me when you have a moment? ya know..just in case of...anything.." i say timidly, hoping we will get the hint thats really for my own comfort as well as his.

He gives me a puzzled look, then quickly grabs my shoulders, turning me to face him. With his hands on my shoulders, looking deep into my eyes, seeing my face flush pink under his gaze.

Alpha:" I will call you at every chance i get, my lil Wawa. Do not worry for me."he shakes my shoulders slightly, leaning in and kissing my forehead.

Although i loathe the nic-name he has given me, i relish in the fact that he alone calls me by it. It could have been any nic-name and i would love it...but really? Wawa?

Water:" You cant make me stop worrying about you, FIFI!" i say loudly so he knows my annoyance with my pet name.

He gives me a small push on my shoulder before laighing, He must know how much i dislike the name by forcing him to have an equally awful one

Alpha:" Fifi is hilarious, but never call me that in front of our brothers or i will punish you, weirdo."

We both laugh and take our seats until we heard the announcment that my flight is boarding. I stand and gather my satchel and hoodie. Alpha stands and throws himself onto me, nearly knocking me to the floor under his weight. The world stopped for a moment as he hugged me and whispered into my ear

Alpha:" I will miss you so much, water"

My heart raced and i squeeze him into my neck

Wate:" I will miss you too, be good my beautiful flame"

He pulls away just as the second announcer reports my flight boarding, As i begin to walk away it feels like i am leaving a part of me behind. He watches me the entire time i walk to the gate and wait in the line to board. Just as i turn the corner to board, I catch his glance and blow him a kiss. He pretends to catch it and very noticably blushes.

Water : You better call me every day you asshate or i will come hunt you down:

:

Alpha: He better not call me Fifi again...what a huge nerd: