12. Why do you keep ruining your life?

Stephen's POV

Ever since we went to Giselle's doctor's appointment, she's been in a daze. When her doctor told us the news, I couldn't read Giselle's facial expressions at all. She wasn't happy and she wasn't upset. I wasn't quite sure what to do or how to approach the situation. I know that it is a lot to take in for her considering she is only twenty and still in school but I hate how she shuts me out when all I want to do is help her. She's been really distant from me and mostly lays in bed all day. I swear I can leave the house and be gone for four hours at a time and she'll still be sitting in the same spot as when I had left that morning. It's been almost two weeks and I haven't been able to get her to spend any time with me. Summer is going by fast and I want to be able to spend as much time as possible with her before she has to leave for school and before the season starts. I mean this did come as a surprise, but now Giselle is acting like she doesn't want to be bothered with the baby or me. I decided to go upstairs into our room to check on her and see if she'll open up to me about everything. I walked into our room to see her stuffing her face with her favorite chips which happened to be nacho cheese doritos and a Sprite bottle next to her on the nightstand sitting next to a full box of oreos. She was currently watching the Powerpuff girls and all I could do was smile and think to myself how she is such a big kid.

"Giselle?"

She broke her trance from the television to look over at me and she motioned for me to come sit next to her. She didn't even smile at me like she usually does. That right there goes to show you that something was wrong with her. I haven't seen her be her usually bubbly self.

"We need to talk." I said and she turned to look at me with a confused expression. I have no idea why she is acting surprised by this. I turned off the television and grabbed her hand and forced her to look at me.

"What's going on with you? You know you can tell me anything. Ever since that last Friday you've been distant from me." It might have only been two weeks and I know she would have probably come around soon, but I just didn't like the distance between us.

"I know and I'm sorry. It's just a lot to take in. Any time something big happens and I don't know how to deal with it, I immediately become a hermit and just block everything and everybody out." She said while looking down at her lap. I immediately put my finger under her chin to make her look back up at me.

"But you have me. You can't block me out Giselle. I want to be there for you and help you. It's just as much as my fault as it is yours. I was too drunk to remember to put on a condom. But shit happens and now we have to deal with it. I care about you and I want you to be able to talk to me about anything. It doesn't matter what it is."

"Okay." She sighed and proceeded to put on her fluffy purple socks.

"Okay?" I said in response. She took this better than I thought she would. I was for sure going into our bedroom prepared for a battle of some sort since this would be the very first time that we have been in this situation.

"Yes. I'm sorry. I just need to learn how to be able to express my feelings. I'm not very good at that. Never have been either. Just ask Amirah."

"Well I have all the time in the world for you baby girl. I am not going anywhere." I saw her crack the smile that I love and she pulled me into a hug. I immediately wrapped my arms around her waist to pull her closer to me.

"Thank you for being patient with me."

"You're welcome sweetheart. Now get dressed. We have somewhere to be."

"Where are you taking me?"

"Coldstone if you hurry up."

"Steph, it's 2 in the morning and I have raccoon eyes."