So much for me having control over my life.

As I walked down the hall, I wondered if Irina and Piper even know about the agenda Dimitri has going on.

The guard lead me into the dining hall, the two others we had approached were ready to open the double doors for us. I thanked them politely although I could've opened the door myself. Being taken care of and treated like royalty was something I yet still had to get used to.

The muscular guard brought me to the table in the middle of the immense room and bowed to Dimitri and Irina before leaving. I sat beside Alec and was facing Piper across the table. An empty seat was beside her without any silverware set. I tried not to get chills as I thought of DeMalo sitting there at one point, his sickly sadistic mind wandering as his family conversed at the dinner table.

A beautiful Romanian girl maybe my age came and asked us what we would like to have and we all ordered like we would in a restaurant. Once she left I cleared my throat and looked to Dimitri.

"Is there a reason I've been called down here?" I asked him, my voice firm as I held back the coldness I wanted to confront him with.

Dimitri sat back with his hands folded.

"I've summoned you down here for dinner, as at the end of this week you will become one of us." He said with a proper voice. I glanced around the table only to see that Irina and Piper weren't surprised. They knew...

I felt Alec place his hand on my own comfortingly. I smiled at him softly although it was a very weak smile as I processed the meaning of this dinner.

"So I've heard..." I muttered in response to Dimitri. He didn't react to my harsh words but instead continued to speak.

"As of tomorrow the whole Vampire race will be notified and given a mandatory invitation to the palace. The ceremony will be much like a wedding but no betrothal will be involved." Dimitri said simply, and sipped from the goblet in front of him. I still couldn't help but glance frigidly at the blood.

"Can't he just turn me?" I asked, looking away from the blood-filled glass.

"Once you are turned, you will feel the same effect from the Soulmate bond as Alec has since the first day he met you. The ceremony will be an assurance as you will become his bride later in the future, since the bond cannot be broken." Dimitri explained. I looked down into my lap, trying to process this.

What if I already had mortal feelings towards him, I wanted to ask but knew I wouldn't.

"When is the ceremony?" I asked quietly. I wanted to know how many days left as a human...

"Friday evening. At midnight you will be turned." He answered in reply and I caught Dimitri's gaze.

For a second I wondered if he even felt a hint of guilt. A slight, fleeting moment of sorrow and pity towards me. He was born a Vampire. He would've never known the pain of having the humanity ripped from you. He probably never would understand...

Who knew if Alec would either.

After dinner I left the table rather quickly. The moment we were dismissed, I bolted. I walked swiftly out of the hall and hurried up the stairs. I just wanted to get back to my room. I could feel the rise of a panic attack breaking through my conscience.

I ran into my room and shut the door, thankful no one cared to run after me. I needed to be alone.

I stripped off my clothes that seemed to be choking me. My chest felt tight as the pain weighed heavy. I turned on the shower and turned to look in the mirror while it warmed up.

All I could see was a pale woman. I looked eerily pale and sick with worry, my cheeks flushed and my eyes drooping. Yes, I had accepted this treachery. No, I had not come to accept my humanity being taken. And it was eating me from the inside out like some parasite.

I stepped into the shower and tried to let the steaming water soothe my pains. I managed to wash myself although I could only feel myself getting worse with tension.

Tears burned in my eyes as I stood there underneath the drenching water. I dropped the wash clothe and almost felt paralyzed as I collapsed to the floor of the shower.

I sat letting the water soak me as I felt bitter tears push past the brink. I sobbed loudly with my head in my hands, my throat tight and my heart heavy. Who would possibly be alright with all of this? I knew I wasn't strong enough.

I was a twenty year old city girl. I wasn't a royal heir who had obligations that needed to be taken out.

This only made me cry harder at the thought of myself being an obligation.

I hadn't wept this hard since the night I left my family at dinner. I didn't think it was possible to weep to this extent. It was my thoughts. Maybe they were the reason I was hit so hard with this utter sorrow. Scratch that, they were.

I was mourning. And I knew this would be the only time I could.

Tonight, I mourn the approaching death of my humanity. Tomorrow, I would accept it all and stay strong.

Alec's P•O•V

I sat outside her door, back pressed against the wall as I could hear her sobs. I knew I couldn't do anything to help.

All I could do was listen to her mourning and deal with the pain of having caused her this hurt.

Three days and I would have to take her humanity that I loved so dearly. Three days and she'd be one of us...

––––––––––•A/N•––––––––––

I'm so sorry guys!! I skipped last weekend because I've been on spring break. I hope you guys have been having good spring breaks as well!

I'm loving the support on this book! It's been getting up there! I'd love to see this book get the recognition it deserves! And you guys are helping so much by putting it in your public libraries! Thanks so much

Comment here your thoughts -->

Vote

&

Share ❤❤❤