"Speaking of this music, how in the realms does one dance to it?" he asked flashing his infamous smile with a hint of compassion covered with layers of mischief and plotting.

"That's it!" I said and turned towards the duct tape I saw on the counter. As soon as I reached for it, it had evaporated into a green mist. "Punk," I murmured then started to jump on my left foot going through the motions of the dance I learned as a kid. Right leg out, out, back, back, bend left, bend right, bend back left, step two three four, twirl two three four, and continue to the beat.

"You're insane!" Loki exclaimed. I grabbed his hands, pulled him over and taught him the steps as best I could and waited for him to fall in with me.

"If it hadn't been for cotton-eyed Joe, I'd been married long time ago, where did you come from where did you go, where did you come from cotton-eyed Joe?" I sang without thinking.

"Part of your childhood?" he asked a little out of breath from so much jumping.

"Yeah. Zayle was my best friend in the south, she heard what was going on and encouraged me to get out of there and she followed me here a year later. We used to teach this song to everyone at dances and have contests to see who could go the longest without giving into our leg cramps!" I said over the music. Loki laughed.

"Thor and I would just see who could survive each other's beatings," he joked. The final twirl came on and Loki's hand grabbed mine as I flicked my wrist into the air, causing me to twirl into him.

"Sorry," I said and pushed away from him. He put his hand on my waist and held my left hand gently in his. A slower song came on and I loosened my tight muscles and fell into Loki's embrace. What the hell is getting into me?!

"I was taking a guess that this would be a slower song, thankfully I was right," he said slyly.

Am I loud and clear or am I breaking up?

Am I still your charm or am I just bad luck?

Are we getting closer or are we just getting more lost?

He took on the song as if it was a waltz and for once, I was forced not to lead. I tried to pull away from his control but failed, only to receive a glare from him as he sneered, "What happened to learning to trust me?"

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours first.

Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose is worse.

Let's unwrite these pages and replace them with our own words.

"I'm terrible at following," I admitted, feeling him pull me closer towards him.

"I can tell," he said laughing then added "You've put enough room between us for someone two times the width of Thor." 

We sit on front porches and swing life away,

We get by just fine here on minimum wage.

If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.

I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand.

I leaned into him and followed his gentle gliding movements. We seemed to hover across the floor and I imagined he and I dancing together under different circumstances. What if he wasn't a notorious criminal wanted on both Earth and Asgard? What if I had gotten to know him before he lost himself and his ways? Would this be the same? I know for a fact I wouldn't be dancing with him, feeling safe and protected for once in my life.

I've been here so long; I think that it's time to move.

Winters so cold; summer's over too soon.

Let's pack our bags and settle down where palm trees grow.

I've got some friends, some that I hardly know,

But we've had some times I wouldn't trade for the world.

We chase these days down with talks of places that we will go. 

Loki's hand was firm on the small of my back, steadying me incase I were to fall, or maybe his hand was firm because he wanted to make sure I didn't try and back away from him again. Did he think I was just like everyone else: afraid of him? Does it really bother him that I don't trust easily? His skin became cooler and his breath felt like ice as it trickled down my neck. Goosebumps spread across my body and the chill traveled down my spine.

We sit on front porches and swing life away,

We get by just fine here on minimum wage.

If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.

I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand.

Until you hold my hand. 

My eyes remained closed as we continued to dance. His fear of having me turn away faded slightly and he twirled me around, spinning me away from him them pulling me back in. I could feel something come into my heart that was missing. I felt warmer, as if-and as Grinch like as this sounds-he melted some of the ice surrounding my heart.

The strumming of the acoustic guitar slowed down and he pressed his forehead against mine, both of us had our eyes closed, slowly looking towards each other after the long acoustic solo as the lyrics came back in.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours first.

Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose is worse. 

My pale grey eyes were staring into his blood red ones. Marks appeared on his face and his skin began to turn blue. Fearlessly, I traced the marks on his forehead and cheekbones. Loki jerked away from me, pushing me in the opposite direction but I refused. I pushed my sleeves up and put his fingers on the scars that ran across the inside of my arms.

"And let's unwrite these page and replace them with our own words," I sang to him, pulling him back into the moment.

We sit on front porches and swing life away,

We get by just fine here on minimum wage.

If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.

I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand.

Swing Life Away,

Swing Life Away,

Swing Life Away, 

Swing Life, Away.

Loki held me until after the song ended. Without needing to think twice, I mentally turned off the music and stayed with him like this. His skin colder than ice but it had no affect on me. His eyes looked like they were burdened with grief and sorrow, abandonment and fear, but as quick as those emotions flashed through, they were gone.

"Normally this injures people," he said.

"You must not want to hurt me," I said a smile trying to come out of hiding.

"You must trust me not to hurt you," he retorted. I lost the battle with my emotions and let out a heartfelt grin that spread to Loki's expression.

"Suppose I do, what does that make me?"

"A fool. Look at me. I'm a monster. I am what Asgardians tell the children horror stories about, and all I wish is to have never found out about this side of me! I am the enemy of my own kind! How can I be Asgardian and a Frost Giant?" He practically spat out the words, disgusted by himself.

"Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde," I said again. "How can I kill those who abuse others and then be here with you?" His face dropped and I realized how much my statement sounded like I was being forced to help him. "Loki," I said silently, holding his chin between my thumb and the knuckle on my index finger. "I believe in you. I trust you. And I'm here for you."

Soo who liked that? Too soon for them to show emotions? Let me know, I have no idea if I'm even going to have them fall for each other (at all or just yet) Give me some feed back of what you like and don't like about this story.