Chapter two

My eyes take everything in. Feeling the slice of wood on my thighs. I had been sitting like this for hours now. Cross legged on the only wooden bench for miles. I was sitting in town square, taking in the three blue suns, each like a strand of wool hanging inbetween the buildings. The sleek pebble like design of pod cars, pod fighters and taxis. All white. The buildings casting white glows everywhere. I had raced out of school this morning just after I had heard what my teacher had said. I felt delusional, I needed to get rid of these shoes and fast. So I did. I knew it would attract attention to myself so I undid them almost dropping them in the first place. Keeping the diamond laces. They would come in handy. After prceededly chucking them in one smooth motion into a passing rubbish chute. I don't know why people arnt bugged about rubbish chutes, just floating there, following you. Everywhere. I had gotten rid of mine plenty. It was easy, really, just grab you phone and point the top to your school access card and then use that to rub your shoulder. The radio waves emanating from your phone should scramble the tracking in the robot. Easy really.. Although I always wonder if they don't know already.. That I am strange and always cunning, sometimes I think my watch bot is not taking care of me rather escorting me. His tinny voice in my mind, low consciousness and finally those grey eyes set into that smooth face. I vaguely remember the elite group of elders talking to us an spilling out that they had found a way to stop the consciousness of a robot growing, ever since something or the other.. I don't know what would have been said next besides the fact that half the crowd got splattered in some sort of watered down bright strawberry jam liquid- my eyes opened wider, the world around me grew dark, like someone had gotten a spotlight and placed it on one person, her. Strawberry blond hair blowing in the wind. Head down eyes watching reproachfully. I realised I was gaping and closed my mouth.

Cautiously taking a step off the moving park bench, I stumbled. My eyes only on Jessamé.

Smack my face hits the polished concrete. I am surprised I dont taste blood, then I remember the shot we had last year. The shot to make us stronger at everything. I guess this is included. I almost wish I couuld taste the metalic salt in my mouth, feel the sting, like that of an angry wasp. A reminder that this isnt a dream.

Jessamé a point of view

I kept my head down, thinking of earlier, the guy who I had learnt to trust had let me down, even now my heart wretched into my stomach and my vision turned blurry. I almost thought what had happened, possibly gone into great detail when I noticed... him, I had felt eyes on me, I had assumed it was the authorities but it wasn't, his rich blond hair stuck up framing his head in flicking spikes, his blue eyes flicking from the sunlight to me. I knew nothing could become of us, so I just concentrated on my steps, away from here, I could even get a cruise to another planet if I asked nicely. I mean after all my dad was chief authorititian. I had done something wrong but I'm sure they would understand.

But for now I needed to concentrate on not stealing any other important things. And also possibly try not to collide with the oncoming police squad. Lights flash into my eyes... Wait police squad. Thoughts race through my head like cars on a speedway, I know call me old fashioned, racing tripping rolling and falling into a bottle without a lid, waiting to be let out, not trapped, free, then someone walks out of the pod, the sound of their leather shoes hitting the polished ground repeating in my head, over and over, and my bottle without a lid explodes, thoughts shatter everywhere....

And I have nowhere to hide.