Ch. 14

( Dan's POV )

I was anxiously waiting in the living room for (y/n).

"First date", Abigail teased as she walked in the room.

"We're just friends", I said. I knew it was a date but we weren't official.

"Ahh yes. That's why you kissed her cheek earlier and have been staring at her all day Don't forget you've been so anxious to meet her and begged me to tell you about her on the plane", she laughed. I rolled my eyes as she walked away. Soon after, (y/bf/n) walked out of (y/n)'s room and smiled. Right after her, (y/n) walked out.

"Hi", she said shyly. I stared at her for a second. God, she was beautiful.

"Wow", I exclaimed. She blushed and walked over to me.

"Have fun you two. The three of us are going to go eat and see a movie. Be safe", (Y/bf/n) said as she walked out the door with Abigail and Phil. Soon it was just the two of us.

"Shall we?" She nodded. I opened the door for her and followed her as she left. When the taxi arrived I opened the car door for her. As we sat in the back seat of the cab, I slipped my hand into hers. Her fingers intertwined with mine. Her hands were warm and soft. I rubbed the back of her hand with my thumb. She looked at me and smiled.

When we got the the restaurant, I helped her out of the car and into her chair at our table.

"So tell me, (y/n)." I paused. "How did you and Abigail meet?" She laughed.

"That's a pretty good story." I leaned in.

"Well, I'd love to hear it."

"Well, I had been with this asshole named Jack for a year. At the last 3 months of our relationship, he stopped talking to me and would cancel all our dates for 'family reasons'. On our 1 year anniversary, he finally didn't cancel on me and took me out to dinner. Our waitress happened to be Abigail."

"So you met her because she was your waitress?" I was confused. She said it was a pretty good story. "She did tell me you pushed your now ex-boyfriend into a table at restaurant." She laughed.

"The story gets better. I did push him into a table, I'm getting to that. I had to go to the bathroom and when I got back, Abigail and him were making out."

"What", I exclaimed. I nearly spit out my drink.

"Yeah. I caused a scene. She didn't know that we were dating and she was pissed too. I yelled at him in front of the whole restaurant then pushed him into the table. I stormed out and Abigail came and talked to me. We hit it off pretty well and we've been friends since."

"Wow. So you guys dated the same guy?"

"Yup." She laughed. "He was an asshole. He made me feel so loved and then crushed my heart but it's okay. He gave me Abigail and I'm happy." She smiled. After dinner, we headed back to her apartment.

When we got back to her place, she threw the keys on the counter and set her purse down. I put my hands on her waist and turned her around. She smiled and put her arms around my neck.

"I had fun tonight, Daniel." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Don't call me Daniel."

"Why not, Daniel?" She smirked.

"I said don't call me that."

"Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, Dan-" I cut her off with a kiss. At first it was slow but then it grew passionate. She pulled back and bit her lip. She grabbed my hand and led me to her room. After I shut her door, (y/n) grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled my lips onto hers.