Jealousy

'the hermaphrodites are..... " I'm reading the same line for around 100th time. I wasn't paying attention to the 'whatsoever test' I was writing now. Throwing my pen on the sheets, I sat relaxing myself on the chair I was provided with. People around me had dropped their head down with their shoulders drooped onto the support where they held their test paper. I was in the exam hall of the last exams of bachelor's in medicine. My eyes went blur a few times blocking my answers in the head and forwarding on with something else.
My mind wandered over the conversation I had with Manya and the moments I spent with Neil. Needless to say that entry of Neil in my life had changed it completely. Buy Manya's entry had a different effect.
Few things that Ana said on the day I met her was true. Manya was less a human, more a chameleon. She turned the colour of her words with people she spoke with. She even tried wooing abhi who warned her about the consequences when the matter reaches Ana.
Somewhere I had the feeling in the pit of my stomach that she almost succeeded changing Neil's mind. Whatsoever happened he had a soft spot for her in his heart. I feared if even he would leave me behind. My feeling grew as days passed and as Neil started feeling adjusted to her company.

Not that I was jealous. It's just I was angry. I had shared every of my matters with Neil and we'd promised each other that we would be transparent.
I feel he's keeping something from me. But that feeling vanish every time he says his love for me. His voice turns promising when he confesses. Maybe I'm not ready to accept his proposal. But something in me is not at all right. Some feeling that I'm unable to sync.

Wordless is how I feel with him. Being with him, I've found the real me. I have found the solution to my problem. But without him, it is impossible to atleast breathe. I'm addicted to him. His scent, his eyes, his embrace.

I'm unable to judge the feeling deep inside me. It's not love, that I'm sure. But the feeling should have some name. Some explanation. Some familiarity.

The invigilator tapped me on my shoulder bringing me out if my reverie.
"Sam! Are you not interested in submitting your answer sheets? " she asked me once u turned to her.
"sorry ma'am.... " I say to her handing her the paper and walking out of the room in a hurry because of two reasons.
1. Embarrassment.
2. Neil.
Arjun had promised me to send Neil to pick me up from the college. So, he'd be waiting for me.

I jumped along few steps in excitement to meet him. But soon stopped. I was angry at him and I forgot! Okay...! It happens. I thought to myself and moved towards the exit slowly.

He stood there.... Taller than me and handsome in his midnight blue shirt matched with a cream trousers. Pacing the length of the car, eyes on his watch, he looked too handsome to take my eyes off.
I reminded myself to be angry at him and not to respond for any of his talks.
He smiled at me as soon as he saw me while I looked straight and pushed him aside as he stood near the door to the back seat. I sat at the back and adjusted my things properly before glancing all over the car.

My goodness!!! Did I see her? Did I just see Her?
Fuckin' bitch..... Forgive the curse. But she's turning into one. She hops anywhere and everywhere. I thought to have some alone time with Neil. This..... Urgh..... Words fail to come. Don't you think she's to be knocked out? Of course she should be.

Ana..... She's one of the main reason I've been quiet. Once given a chance, I'll turn her upside down.

"Neil darling..... Where are we going? " she asks in that bloody 'so called ' sexy voice of hers.
"hmm.... Ah..." Neil fumbles as she caress his hands. My gaze turn into fire seeing that. And the sparks flame at Neil who stares into my eyes through the rare mirror.
"hell..... We're going to hell.... You got it? Or you expect more? " I ask her killing her with my eyes. I dream of squeezing her neck, thinning out her skin and extracting her trachea and esophagus out.
She drops her hands from his landing them on her thighs and cursing me under her breath.
I couldn't just get off the smirk that played along my lips.

Not so late I saw her hands back on his caressing them and smiling like an idiot she is. Her eyes were back in the rare where she smirked at me.
My lips twitched in anger. My eyes squeezed into small ones welling up with the angry tears.
She raised her hands taking his in hers and bringing it to her lips and that was it.
"stop the car..... " I screamed atop my voice.
Neil stopped and turned to me at the back. His eyes widened in horror.
"a... Ar....are you okay..... Sam....? " he questioned fumbling. My eyes betrayed me as it fled with the tears I held for no long.
"Neil I want to sit there.... " I said pointing to her seat.
"okay! " he said immediately and Manya looked at him in horror.
"I..... I meant... You know..... I thought you won't be having any problems with that. Actually we were supposed to sit together but as you had already sat, I thought it was 'common sense ' that I wasn't supposed to ask you to get up..   " he cleared himself.
I couldn't help the smile on my lips and the blush on my cheeks that threatened becoming deeper.
My smile automatically turns into a smirk as I see her to which she bangs her hand on her lap before getting out of the car.
Before she could sit at the back seat but after I sat in the passenger seat, I asked Neil to take the wheel and we left her in the middle of the road.
This was something crazy I've ever done.

It was around 9 at night. And we were in the porch of Ana's house. I'd already informed mom about me staying at Ana's and this is going on since days. So she'd no problem with that.
Standing in the porch we were thinking for a reason to put forth Ana for being late.
As Neil was sure that we cannot come up with any of the planned one in front of his sister, we walked hand in hand into the house.

"hello Ana..... Radhika..... " I greeted the two beautiful angry women in front of us.
Ana's angry face immediately turned into a smiling one as she walked to me.
"hello sweetheart... " she said inviting us in a hug.
"idiots..... Manya's here.... Meet me in my room. " she whisper yelled.
"okay darling.... " Neil sang along as we broke the hug.
Ana moved up the stairs while Radhika snickered before following her lead.

"something's up.... " Neil said as we stood at the door of her room.
"all the best.... " we wished each other with a hug and entered.

"where the hell were you both? " she yelled at the top of her voice.
"Ana.... Don't shout darlin' it's not good for the baby.... " radhika intervenes.
"oh!  Yeah... Thank you.." she smiles at her.
"you two.... I was waiting since noon for an ice cream that you were supposed to bring Neil.... " she said as she walked past me to Neil who's eyes were widened.
"I'm sorry.... I will get it...." he said as he slipped out of the room.
I smiled at his cuteness.
Ana's cravings had turned her family upside down. First her husband then Neil, arjun her parents and so on..
"hmm...  Half of the work is done.... " Ana said as she dragged me to her bed.
I smell something wrong.
"what's with you too?  Am I not supposed to go with Neil on a healthy ride? "
"ah... Huh.... I reason we're here is something else honey... " radhika said as she sat me in between them.
"actually.... When Manya was back, there was fire in her eyes but not more than what she saw in your eyes I guess... "
"okay.... "
"I was thinking that why would you burn the little pup in your way? " Ana asked.
"I would do it when the little pup gives me no chance other than that."
"and what did the little pup do that made you so damn angry baby.... " radhika intervenes.
"stop the little pup drama. I was angry.... I feared if even Neil would leave me like Ar.... " Ana squeezed me shut. Not until then I thought about what I was speaking.
"leave you like? "
"leave me like? No I didn't tell that."
"hey! You did tell something... "
"enough.... Do you love my brother Sammy? " Ana asked suddenly that my phone in my hands fell.
"no... "was my immediate reply even though a second late.
"Sam.... " she jumped sat next to me.
"aah.... " before we could warn her, she screamed in pain with her hands in her lower abdomen.
I felt numb. Radhika stood scared. But Ana's scream filled the room.
"idiots.... Take me to the hospital.... my water broke.... Call my abhi... And Neil... And arjun.... " she spoke in between her breath.
I paced in tension looking for the phone.
"Sammy, phone's in your hand...  Call them.... "
"radhika come we'll take her to the car.... "I said and called them on the way to the car.......

A/N: thank you people for reading and helping me out to get through this story. Two more updates and I'll finish this. Thanks for spending your time to read this. Pls read and review this chapter too.  Love you all...  Take care.... Happy weekend.