Friends

"He said you love someone!! " he said questionably.
I stood there shocked.
Well, I was indeed shocked. That wasn't because he knew about my love. I was shocked to know it was my dad who said this to him. I didn't expect this.
"Sam... Is that true? " he asked me clutching my fore arm.
".......yeah..... " I murmured and I doubt he would have heard.
"arjun, let's not talk about this. I'm in no mood for these talks now.... " I avoided.
"okay,  but.... "
"the one whom I love is someone else's life. ..... Let's not talk about this please.... " I begged.
"are you sure? " . He sounds fed worried.
"yeah.... " I sighed.
"okay! And are you sure about giving a chance to Neil? " he was all curious.
And I wasn't sure. I don't know if I had to give a chance. But I didn't wanted to end my life thinking about what's gone. Like dad said, there was no reason for me to turn Neil down. And I couldn't accept someone else in Arjun's place. I was in a dilemma. All I cared now was my family. They were happy with the alliance and I couldn't deny.
"earth to Sam.... " his voice broke my cloud of thoughts.
"I don't know arjun....  I'm not sure....  But there's no reason to turn Neil down....  I'm just confused as much..... " I said waiting for his reply.
He smiled at me.
"you will never regret giving Neil a chance though..... " he replied.
"I hope so.... " I said and indeed, I hoped.
"let's go.... " he said. And we were back with the other two in no time.
######

Neil's POV

"don't be scared to ask her on a date Neil! She will accept...." radhika told me before bidding bye. They were leaving for their honeymoon. Sam and me were here, iinthe airport, to bid bye. Once they were gone, we started too. Our parents were now discussing about turning into partners in business. And they decided to throw a party for this as soon as radhika and arjun return. Maybe if everything goes well, then they would announce our relation to the world. Before that, I want us to know about each other, spend a little time together, so that she can decide if she really wants to tie up with me. Well, I liked her a lot. She's perfect.
I wanted to ask her on a date, but feared if she wouldn't want to go. I spoke to radhika regarding this and she was happy. She told me to ask today itself, so we could spend all possible time together before the announcement. I wish she's fine with the alliance.

We reached the parking lot, got into my car. And exited the airport. Sam was silent all along the way here and even now.
I felt my palms and feet grow cold as I started the conversation.
"Sam!! " I called her clutching the steering tight.
"hmmm" she turned to me with a brow up.
"can I ask you something? " I was losing my voice. I didn't know that a boy shivers to this extent while asking a girl to go on a date with him.
"yeah!!! " she smiled.
I swallowed twice and then tried to start. But I lost my voice again.
"Neil....? " she called me back.
"Huh....  Sorry.....  Hmm I.....  I want...... " I stared at the steering wheel for a while stumbling
"you want what? " she asked.
"canwegoonadinnerdateroday? " I said everything in one go.
She looked at me amused. Man! May be I shouldn't have said it.
"I didn't hear you.... You were fast!" she complained.
Aaahhh.... I need to say it again.
"cc.... Can.... Can you go... On a you know.... Dinner date with me? " I asked her looking at her intently.
She stared at me for a while and turned away.
Neil!!!! You spoil things..... Damn... What will she think about me now? I should apologize, I decided. But opening my bl**dy mouth now wasn't an option. Rest of our journey passed out with me stealing glances from her. The silence seemed awkward.
I stopped the car in front of her house. She got down. I didn't know if I could go with her. Or maybe it is good if I go back? Or she may want to speak to me?
"come.... " she said with her back to me and disappeared in a minute. I parked the car in the parking area and followed her lead.

"oh! Come-on son in law.... "he Grandpa greeted me with his hand in air.
"hello!!! " I said as I bent down to touch his feet..
"so....  Where are you taking her tonight? " he asked me smiling.
Then? She was willing to go with me?
"like...  She will go with me? " I asked all curious which may sound stupid. But I was.
"of course....." he said.
I was in an excited state. I jumped and danced all over the hall and around grandpa......  Mentally though. I wouldn't show my in-laws that I'm mad about their daughter. Uhhh...
"Neil..... " my to be father in law called me as soon as he saw me getting me out of my madness.
"yes uncle! " I smiled at him.
"I believe that my daughter will be in safe hands tonight.? Yeah? " he sounded possessive.
"of course uncle! I'll take care of her. " I assured him.
"she told me to tell you that you can pick her up in around 6:30?" he said.
"sure....  Uncle...  I'll take your leave..... " I said and ran without even throwing them a glance. They would see me blushing if not. <wink>
I drove off to my house.
There is something very important that she's supposed to know. And I hope she accepts
Me with it.

I dressed myself in a midnight blue shirt and a cream colour trousers. I sprayed a few pounces of scent. A mint spray to my mouth. Watch on my hand. Wallet in my pocket. Once a glance at my mirror and I sped to the living room.

I paced and ground all around the living room until my watch stuck at 6. These five hours have been hell of my life waiting each and every second anxious about her reaction. As soon as it stuck at 6, I practically ran over to my car and drove off till her place. It was only a half an hour drive.
As I reached there, I saw her standing in the lawn of her house doing something with her phone.
"hey!! " I waved to her as soon as I got down.
"hey!! " she replied back locking it maybe. She walked over and we started.

There was an awkward silence in the car. I took the opportunity to get a good look over her, stealing glances from her. She had wore a beautiful midnight blue frock which ended at her knees. Full sleeved. It shimmered to the light. That matched with my shirt. Our tastes matches maybe. A watch that fit loosely over her left wrist. A small hand bag positioned on her shoulder. She was skinny. Her mahogany hair that held her beautiful face from me was long and thick, suiting her perfectly. I couldn't see her shoes. Her perfectly manicured fingers were fidgety. That brought a slight smile on my face. She pushed the curls of her hairs behind her ears giving me the view of her face. She had a light eye shades of blue done. Her eyes were as if they were longing for something I couldn't get. Her lips were light pink coloured. She wasn't beautiful, she was heavenly angelic.
I couldn't stand the silence.
"Sam.... " I called her and she turned to me. I stopped not knowing what to talk. For the first time my brain was blank.
"hmm....  You like blue? " I asked.  This was the stupidest question ever.
"I do.... " she said with a smile.
"Neil, I would like to share a few things about myself. I don't want you to regret your decision of marrying me. I guess I can continue....? " oh! Well, thank god for this. She started it. But I disagree with her statement about me regretting my decision. I shook my head in disagreement. I didn't talk though. I nodded her continue.
"I finished my bachelor's in medicine. I would like to continue with my masters in Germany. There's nothing much about me really. I'm awfully silent for you to help. I take time to adjust. Hope you understand. And if something hurts you, from me, I'm really sorry for that. I didn't mean it.... " she stopped. It felt good to know that she's straight forward.
"you know what Sam, I got to know another thing about you.... You're straight forward." I said and she smiled angelically.
"so let's start with being friends...?" I offered forwarding my hand which she accepted in seconds.
"so as you've done with your part, I guess I shall start mine? " I questioned. I wanted her to be okay with the talk......!

A/N: Hey folks.... Well I guess this wasn't up to mark, but is much needed for future. Thanks for reading and please press The Star to your left if you want me to continue. Thanks again!!