Meeting the new ones

Sam's POV

"I shall start mine? " he asked and I nodded.
"well, I hope you don't get bored.!?" he paused.
"no... Continue.... " I said with a small giggle.
"hmm..... Some of the rumours are true. Like I was in a relationship with a drug addict. I was a drug addict. I had real bad friends. My attitude.... Everything is almost true...." he said. My jaw dropped.
"you were a drug addict? " I asked shocked with the revelation.
"I was. Well, now, I'm completely drug free. I've got a very bad temper as a side effect. And there's no other complications with me. "
There was a moment of silence. I cracked it up.
"how did that happen? "
"hmm... Well, on my 19th birthday, I was invited to a surprise party where I met a girl. I thought I liked her. I told her and she accepted it instantly."
She was good looking, but not as much as you though... " he added after a pause.
I smiled.
"indirect compliment. Thank you though. Well, you are not bad yourself. " I said. My cheeks heating up slightly.
"thanks to you too.... Well, let me continue.... "
I nodded.
"hmm, after a week of our so called commitment, she called me on a date. I went with her. There we met few of her friends who were actually the first rivals of my college days. I wasn't that good in making friends and knowing them. I fell in their trap. Within next few days I was injected with the drug, I really didn't have any idea how. But I grew addicted to it so very badly that I turned violent when I didn't get it. I even ruined things. Maybe that gave the sadists pleasure. They almost ruined everything before my dad was aware of this. As soon as my dad got the news, he had me in the rehab. But that didn't work out for the best. After a lot of efforts of my parents and me I was out of the addiction within a year. But there was always some kind of severe pain and a sort of depression." he took a deep breath.
He had gone through a lot of troughs in his life. It wasn't even. Him being a drug addict before worried me a little. But when I see his gentleman gestures they just flash away.
"how did you overcome?" I asked. I was sort of analysing if he was really out of the addiction.
"It took a lot of me to get through. There were many things I did to distract myself. I concentrated more on my studies. Even though people around me taunted me with all the words of the world, I paid no heed to it. I just went on and on with my family's support and here I'm as the CEO of 'the new fashion house'."
"hmm... " he didn't get his temper when I asked him about those things, I was confirmed about him not being a drug addict now. It was a sort of trick used to tackle the addicts  by few doctors. I had seen this in a seminar and that hit my head.
"the main distraction was someone whom I want you to meet today. The beautiful person of my life." he said. A small smile playing on his lips.
"Interesting...." I said with a smile.
With few random talks on the way, we reached a 'house'. I was just surprised when he sped through the gate. I just stared him till he parked it.
"Sam I know... I'm handsome.... But that doesn't mean you will stare me like this. I feel shy!! " he said pretending a blush.
I laughed.
"you're worth it." I replied. His jaw dropped.
He shook his head in disbelief.
We got down and walked towards the house. The porch was well decorated with tall vases on either sides. The door was beautifully carved. Neil pushed opened the door and walked in. I stood rooted to my place. I view in front of me was blissful. Entire house was beautifully painted with neon blue and light orange. There were few paintings hung on the wall. The staircase in the middle brought the special enhanced beauty for the house.
"I welcome you to her house.... I know she should have welcomed you, but she's too busy for that matter." he said swaying his hands. I smiled and went with him.
Hmm..... So, who was she? My mind kept asking me repeatedly. I thought to ask him instead.
"who's she? " I asked.
"you'll get to know. " he said leading me to what seemed like a room.
"there it is...." I heard a female voice shout.
"hmm... There she's... " Neil said as took my hand in his. He dragged me all the way. I just stared at his hand which held mine delicately. This felt.... Nice.
He dragged me to the.... kitchen it was. There were two people in there. A guy and a girl. She was sitting on a couch nearby. Strange... Couch in kitchen. She had her back to us. The guy was in front of the stove with a pan.
"put the capcicum into the pan now...." she said. Her voice so sweet.
"I don't like it anu.... " the guy cried.
"it's good for your health.... " the girl mocked.
"plz.... Honey!!! " he pleaded her with puppy eyes. I couldn't see her reaction.
I turned to Neil to see him admiring them with one of his hand in his pocket and the other holding mine. His.eyes filled with some unknown happiness. His gaze was fixed on them while mine on him.
"uh... Huh..... " I cleared my throat.
"sorry..... " he said squeezing his eyes. He let go of my hand and we walked to them. Neil bent down to the girl and kissed her cheeks while she shrieked.
"Neil!!! " she yelled shaking.
"you scared me!! " she said pulling him in front of her. She didn't notice me.
They hugged each other. She kissed him back on his cheeks. I felt a knot in my stomach tighten at the sight. I didn't like it.
"hey bro...! " the guy, who was taller than Neil said greeting him.
"hey!!" Neil yelled back inviting him in a hug.
"who's our new friend? " the guy asked looking at me. It was then the girl turned to See me.
"hmm...  She's Samaira Mishra. And Sam, this is my friend and my brother-in-law, Abhinav Sharma." he introduced. I smiled at him and he replied with one.
Neil walked towards the girl and kissed her forehead.
"she's my little sister, Anvitha Malhotra. Daughter of Anil malhotra and prerna malhotra. Sister of great Neil malhotra." he said lifting his collar up.
I was slightly embarrassed to have thought that.
Neil even had a sister?! I wasn't aware of this. Because I didn't see her in the marriage nor when I met Neil's family. Even Anil uncle and prerna aunty didn't tell me about her.
"hi" I said. Things were starting to get awkward. I didn't know any of them more. I was feeling odd one out. She took a second to take me in through her eyes. She then, flashed a smile and came to me.
"Hi" she chirped. I smiled.
"I guess I deserve a hug from the beautiful bride.? " she said.
I didn't know what to reply. Before I had time to think, she engulfed me in a hug.
"cool babe! Don't squeeze my baby. " Abhinav said.
She broke the hug and turned fo him sticking her tongue out.
I then noticed her now growing baby bump.
"I know.... I know... " she mocked.
"why don't our new friend prepare food for us while I discuss the project with Neil? " abhinav offered. I looked at Neil offended. Not that I had a problem with cooking, I didn't know their likes and dislikes. They were new to me. I didn't even talk to them other than wishing them.
Neil seemed to understand my condition as he opened his mouth. But Anvitha cut him in the middle.
"okay!! Now we're going with it. Alrighty? " she looked at Neil. He nodded his head without a choice but I killed him with my eyes.
He looked at me apologetically. I turned my gaze away.
Within seconds, they moved out.

A/N: here's the next one....  Sorry couldn't post soon....