t w e n t y t h r e e

Phil POV

I lay beside Dan, happily playing with his hair. I do this every morning before he wakes up.

He makes me so happy. I don't know what I'd do without him.

I stand up and look down at the ring on my hand. I still find it hard to believe that he married me.

I was such a jerk to him in our younger years. But he put that all behind him. He said we had to forget about that and only remember the times where it was good.

So that's what I do. I only remember from the moment we went to the treehouse for the first time.

Now, that isn't a great memory because Dan had just been attacked by a group of people and fell out of the treehouse... But that's where it started to become good.

It's where all the good memories started to form.

My favourite memory was the one where we stood in the road and said I love you properly for the first time.

Well, after our wedding of course.

He's my best friend.

I honestly feel like I've never loved anyone more than him.

And I feel happy to be by his side.

I once promised myself I'd look after him, I'd make him feel happy again.

When I made the bet with Peter to be his friend, I didn't realise it'd get me here.

The only reason I agreed, was so I could be his friend. Not because I wanted to prove a point, not because I wanted to be a dick. Because I wanted to be his friend and help him to be happy again.

I swore to myself that I'd do it. And I have.

I smile fondly at my husband, who is still fast asleep.

He really needs to wake up soon, it's snowing and I can't wait to get out there.

"Dan, wake up," I say as I shake him slightly.

"No, five more minutes, please," he mumbles.

"It's snowing," I whisper. Within just a second of saying that, he sits upright and smiles at me, before realising his head had hit my lip, causing it to bleed.

"Oh shit! Sorry!" he yells as he jumps up, running from the room before returning with some tissue.

He gently presses it to my mouth, trying not to hurt me.

"It's ok," I smile.

***

We both get ready and run outside.

It rarely snows here in London, so when it does, we're like little children.

"Phil, build a snowman with me!" Dan yells like a little child.

I run towards him to help him, only to be hit with a snowball.

"That's it!" I laugh as I scoop up a handful of snow and throw it at Dan.

"Hey!" he yells as he runs towards me. He jumps on me, sending us both to the ground.

"I love you," he laughs as he places a kiss on the tip of my nose. I smile at him, kissing his forehead.

"I love you too," I reply.

We walk home, hand in hand, smiling happily the whole way there and back.

I really do love him.

I love his smile, his cute little dimple, his laugh. I love the way he looks at me so happily, I love the way he kisses me every morning.

I love him, so much.

I really do.

A/n:

We are so so close to the end...

Anyway, I was going to update this earlier but then I fell asleep whilst writing oops...

Well, byeee!!!