Sunrise (1)

This is a fan fiction of Twilight and is focused on the P.O.V of Alice Cullen, I have been wanting to do this for a while but being in my last year of secondary school means I'm quite busy :( I will upload as often as I can.

All the brilliant characters and basic plot belong to the wonderful Stephenie Meyer! I have written this by using guidance from Twilight and Midnight Sun and have tried to make it match as much as I can. I do not take any credit for the plot except for my own little twists and Alice's P.O.V :)

P.S : I know the chapter is long, but I'm trying to write this proper book (or short story) size guys! so PLEASE COMMENT, I need YOU to keep me writing this story and tell me what I need to improve!

***********************************************************************************************************************************

CHAPTER 1: First Sight

High School.

The ultimate obligation in human life. More important than work or even those utteringly small things they called children. Without school, humans go nowhere. So why does it seem so unimportant to me? Probably because I've done it more times that I can be bothered to think about. But still, I try to make the best of it. I know my enthusiasm annoys the others on a regular basis, but, if life can't be fun, what was the point of it? I uttered a low sigh and took a fleeting glance at my family. Rose, vapid. Jasper, thirsty. Emmet, agitated. And Edward, well, was down right gloomy.

Edward, I knew, didn't share my opinion, it was clear. His face was taut, lips turned down slightly, a small frown evident on his face, but I knew the humans would mistake it for absentmindedness. Not that he would prefer it any other way, but it was sad to see him so unconcerned. He was too wrapped up in his own self-loathing to care about much else, let alone the small excitement that had gripped Forks.

Bella Swan.

It took so little to work them up, a trivial new member to the community. I sighed. I must have met thousands of people in my lifetime, all relatively the same, I didn't come to expect much. But place one human in a town such as this and they flocked to it like bees to honey. I pitied them, they didn't know real excitement.

I heard their voices gabble around the cafeteria all in one form or another talking about the new addition.

"Look at them! Already snapped her up by the looks of it"

"I mean come on, what chance do you have with her, really?"

"Oh my gosh you really haven't seen her yet!?"

"She's over there, the middle table, naturally."

I looked over at Rose, wondering whether she was listening to any of this, but her eyes were glazed, a faraway look dancing around the edges. At a normal, human pace I clicked my fingers in front of her face and she immediately focused on me.

"Earth to Rose," I giggled and she gave a curt smile

"Sorry." she shrugged her shoulders,

"Penny for your thoughts?" I chirped.

Her eyebrows creased a little, forming a pucker in the middle. I raised my eyebrows in expectation, genuinely interested. Only her eyes moved to Edward and back. My mouth formed a small circle and I glanced at him myself. He took no notice of anyone and I could bet his mind wasn't even in the room right now. I looked back at her now tense face and understood. Bella Swan was on the mind of every human male right now, no doubt she would feel jealous, and I doubt she wouldn't want our brother in tune to that right now. But I couldn't help but feel there was something deeper she needed to get off her mind. I sucked in breath to ask her when she shot me a glare, one of those 'don't you dare or it will be the last thing you ever do' glares. I closed my mouth and pouted in mock defeat. I was determined to ask her later though. Rose rolled her eyes and tuned away, but she couldn't stop the small snigger at my expression.