Chapter 3

I don't own anything

Third Person:

After the boy unlocked the door, he held the door open for Vlad to walk in first and followed after. The boy proceeded to walk further into the bakery where Vlad was assuming the light switch was. The boy said, "Here we go," as the bakery was dowsed in light.

Vlad' eyes took a minute to adjust to the change in lighting, but once he was able to see without squinting, he was a little surprised to say the least. Vlad looked over the interior expecting a classic pastel colored bakery, but was curious about the sleek black and silvery-gray look of the shop. It took a second longer for Vlad to draw his attention away from the tables and chairs, and focus his attention on the ceiling. Vlad then understood why it was called "Starry Bakery". It was truly amazing to see how thought put into such a small shop.

While Vlad was distracted, the boy, started up an espresso machine for his amazed customer. "You like the ceiling?" the boy asked.

Vlad finally snapping out of his daze whipped his head toward the boy and answered, "Very much. It is quite stunning and unique for a bakery."

Danny got a curious look, "What kind of coffee do you want? And what do you mean by 'stunning and unique for a bakery'?"

Vlad gazed up at the menu board behind the boy's head and said, "I'll have a vanilla cream coffee." The boy got to work on Vlad's order while Vlad chose that time to answer the boy's question. "Yes, stunning and unique. I figured it was a perfect description for such a bakery."

"And what pray tell does that mean?" The boy asked. 

Vlad answered the curious boy, "The bakery is not like anything I've ever seen.  One would assume that a bakery would be more along the lines of gentler in design as well as pastel colors, but this," Vlad gestured to the tables in chairs around him, "is a completely different view of a bakery. It's sleek and modern with a cool atmosphere." 

The boy smiled at this description of the bakery, seeming satisfied. The boy finished Vlad's drink and passed it over saying, "Here you go...." drawing out the word 'go',expecting the man to fill in his name. 

"Vlad Masters." Vlad filled in taking his drink. 

"Well Vlad, it's nice to meet you. My name is Danny." the boy said with a small smile. 

Vlad returned the smile knowing he could now stop referring to Danny as "the boy" in his head and took a sip. Vlad was satisfied by the coffee.  It had the right mix of vanilla and the basic coffee flavor without being to bitter or sweet. Vlad then realized that Danny did not react how a lot of others have reacted because of his last name. Most people would take him as a very rich man who is above them and they should kiss his feet, trying to get into his good graces for personal advantages.  Danny seemed to react exactly how Vlad would like; Danny treated Vlad like everyone else. 

"Well it is a pleasure to meet you, Danny." Vlad replied. Vlad found himself thinking back to Emilia because Danny was too much of an opposite from Emilia. This thought depressed Vlad because it just reminded him he couldn't hold the relationship for longer than a year.

Danny took notice of the deflated look on Vlad's face, and he decided it didn't fit nor suit the man in front of him. " You seem.... upset. Do you want to talk about it? I've been told I'm a great listener." Danny offered in a gentle tone. 

Vlad tried to evade the question with a question of his own, "I think it's rather late and I have already put you at an inconvenience tonight don't you think?" 

Danny seeing that whatever Vlad was going through must have hit the older gentleman harder than what he was showing, backed off the question apologized, "Sorry, didn't mean to pry, but I think should tell someone if not your average bakery worker." 

Vlad smiled at the small joke, "I appreciate the concern for me, and I accept your apology." Vlad said. Danny smiled in return after getting done what he tried to accomplish: getting Vlad to smile after his small wave of depression. 

Vlad then looked down at his watch to see how late it was and realized he probably needed to leave soon. However, Vlad did not want to leave just yet. He enjoyed the small amount of time he spent with Danny. It was like the young man could wash away all the unhappiness in the world. 

Danny having seen Vlad check a watch turned around to his spaceship themed clock on the wall and noted that it was rather late. When Danny turned around, he saw Vlad digging in his pockets for what Danny assumed was a wallet and stopped him by saying, "You know I gave you that drink on the house right?" 

Vlad stopped reaching into his pockets because of Danny's words and tilted his head to the side as a thought came through his head 'Does Danny know I'm the Vlad Masters?' 

"Are you sure, Danny? I really won't mind paying for my drink." 

"I insist. Plus it looked like you needed a little kindness today." Danny said while turning around to turn off the coffee machine. 

Vlad smiled at the genuinely kind man in front of him, "Thank you, Danny." Vlad not wanting to leave the boy just yet asked, "How often are you working here?" 

Danny not wanting to tell him that he is at his shop from dawn until late into the night replied, "All the time." 

The answer seemed vague but not enough for Vlad to question it, and he took it as a possibility to see Danny again. Vlad then receiving a good enough answer to finally feel like he could leave Danny because he now had faith that he could get to talk to the young man again, said his farewell, "Well it was great to meet you, Danny, but I feel like I have kept you up long enough and I must bid you goodbye."

Danny then meeting the other man's gaze said, "Likewise, and I hope to see you again, Vlad." 

'As do I' was Vlad's unspoken words as Vlad nodded his head in Danny's direction and made his way out of the bakery, down the street, and back to his car all the while thinking about the kind man he hoped to see a lot more of. 

Danny still staring at the door that Vlad just walked out of thought that if Vlad did come back, then he would try to make a friend because he made promise. Vlad could very well be the thing that Danny needs. 

_________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry it took a little bit to get this up because I'm not very confident in myself about dialog of characters of any kind. I feel there is too many commas and rules for me to be happy about doing them. Therefore this chapter is slightly shorter than the other two but I still put love into it :D 

How are you guys liking this story so far? Do you have any suggestions for where the story should go because I have a basic idea where it's going but I could include your guys' ideas. 

***What do you want Danny's little tragedy to be? Bullying, Abuse, Sexual Abuse, relationship trouble??? little suggestions, just let me know what you think and I hope you have a wonderful day. R&R