Chapter Three

“So you three can just wait here and we’ll go get the guys who are going out,” Torey said looking at the girls as if it would make them stay put. “If you come in you never know what you’ll see of who. There are some things that you just don’t need to see,” Adam said with a chuckle and a grimace. “Don’t worry, your faces are painful enough for us,” Kat said with a teasing tone taking Brad’s arm off her shoulder and patting his cheek. Brad mocked hurt holding a hand over his heart. “We’re leaving her here, no one is to take her anywhere she can live on the ice for all I care,” Brad declared struggling to remain serious while the twins were doubled over cracking up. “Alright little Miss I Enjoy Insulting People we’ll be back in like twenty minutes with more people for you to call ugly,” Adam said laughing and leading the way into the locker room. The four players disappeared into the locker room leaving behind a smirking Kat and hysterical twins. “That was good, you can’t deny that,” Dougie said to Brad chuckling as they walked into a room of changing guys. “So who’s ready to go out and party!” Brad asked loudly earning a few eye rolls and some cheers from various points around the room. “Bergy, Mel called and said that she and Steph are going to meet up with us,” Torey called to Patrice Bergeron where he sat at his stall. “I’m not sure if I’ll go out tonight guys,” Tuukka said walking out from the showers and heading for his clothes. Brad, Torey, Adam and Dougie exchanged a look smirking at each other. “You, my Finnish friend don’t have that option,” Brad said causing Tuukka to frown at him. “Yes I do, I make my own decisions I’m a big boy,” Tuukka said finishing getting dressed and getting slightly irritated with Brad. Before anyone could answer there was knocking on the locker room door. The room got quiet, so quiet the guys in the room could hear the giggling from the other side of the door. Adam rolled his eyes while Dougie and Torey laughed waiting to hear what would come next. “You’ve been in there for like fifteen minutes we’re leaving soon,” Elizabeth called through the door. There was a muffled ow after what the guys could only assume was the sound of Lizzie getting hit. “Looks like I’m going out tonight,” Tuukka said with the ghost of a smile playing on his lips. “So who wants to explain why you lot are being cryptic and slightly creepy?” Patrice asked looking at each of the five of them. Since Dougie had met them first and dragged them all into this they had him explain. Dougie told Patrice how he had met the sisters at the airport when Victoria gave him lip for knocking her over, then how he had run into them again at the bar and how he had people helping him find Caroline’s. Patrice just listened to them slightly stunned before he burst out laughing. “That is so beyond creepy!” he said but stood up and started to leave nonetheless. “Wait, so Caroline’s is that the place you two always bring us cupcakes from?” Patrice asked looking at Torey and Brad. They nodded and lead the group of players out the locker room door. Torey opened the door and stopped short after he walked out causing the guys behind him to walk into him and he stumbled forward. “We leave the three of you alone for ten minutes and we come back to this?” Adam asked raising his eyebrows at the girls on the floor. Kat was sitting on top of Lizzie, and Tori was under Lizzie, all of them were laughing but went silent when the group walked out. “Well I guess there’s no question about whether or not they’ll fit in with us tonight,” Patrice said making everyone laugh. The girls stood up and brushed their clothes off. “Hi I’m Elizabeth it’s nice to meet you,” Lizzie said extending her hand to Patrice since she had met the other goons already. “Patrice, it’s nice to meet you too Elizabeth,” Bergy said shaking her had with a smile, he had to give his teammates credit for befriending such polite girls. “This little meet and greet is nice and all but I only came because Tuukka said we could go out after,” Brad said starting to herd the growing group to the door.

            Lizzie was walking along the street with the group floating from person to person just to chat. “So I hear you quit,” Tuukka said to her when she got close to him. “Excuse me?” Elizabeth asked him confused about what he was referring to. “Your bartending job, I was in there the other day and your friend Lexi told me you quit,” Tuukka explained. Elizabeth just stared at him for a moment. “You are aware of just how much of a stalker you sound like right?” she asked completely serious. Tuukka laughed, he had thought the same thing but he had worried about her walking home so he checked anyway. Elizabeth rolled her eyes and even though she tried to hide her smile Tuukka saw it. “So how have you been since I was rude to you?” Elizabeth asked genuinely interested. “Is this your way of apologizing?” Tuukka teased earning him a smack in the arm. “Let the partying begin!” Brad announced ruining their moment and opening the door to the Purple Shamrock to make his way inside. Elizabeth went right over to the bar to order herself a drink unaware that Tuukka was still following close behind her. “I’ll take a Mike’s Strawberry Lemonade please,” she shouted over the music smiling in thanks when the bartender handed her the bottle. “And I’ll just take a Coors Light,” Tuukka called stepping in front of Elizabeth before she could pay. “You know I have money I can buy my own drinks,” Elizabeth said the fire Tuukka had first seen in her eyes burning once again. “Take a drink, it’s not like I’m trying to get you wasted,” Tuukka joked with her. Elizabeth made a face and shuddered at his words that was not something she wanted to remember tonight. “Wow look at you having a drink,” Kat said coming up behind them and smirking at Lizzie as she walked by. “What was that?” Tuukka asked looking between Katherine’s retreating back and Elizabeth’s glare. Elizabeth just waved him off and took another small sip. She had been thinking the same as Kat anyway and knew she had to make her drink last since it would be her only one. Tuukka let it go but his curiosity burned in the back of his mind for the rest of the night. “So do you come here often?” Elizabeth asked trying to make conversation other than her drinking habits. Tuukka roared with laughter and looked her. “For someone who works in a bar you really don’t get out much do you?” he asked enjoying the blush that rose on Elizabeth’s pale skin. “That is one of the worst pick up lines drunk guys use, and it only works if the girls are drunk too,” Tuukka said chuckling. Elizabeth laughed, only she would be a bartender who didn’t know the pick up lines. “You’re being summoned,” Tuukka said abruptly pointing of her shoulder where Victoria and Katherine were waving to her. Elizabeth made her way across the room, she would never admit it but she had been enjoying just chatting with Tuukka and didn’t want to walk away.