III

zayn hasn't talked about liam's crush since the full out argument they had last night; in which louis yelled out "it's your fault niall blew his brains out on his fucking birthday!"

technically, zayn hasn't talked to him at all.

so louis spent days on end admiring the lips of boys who came in to throw away a book, and girls with colored hair smoking (no smoking allowed) in the library. louis didn't bother trying to stop them, personally, he didn't mind. zayn smoked a lot around him.

oh, and zayn. louis spent days on end thinking about zayn.

on the warmest tuesday of the month, louis took the fucking pills. and everything was the sun.

it was like the day prepared itself for louis and made sure every living thing made him realize how great life can be-

which, is sort of confusing. but.

louis smiled at the boys, smiling at their ass as well, shaking hands with old customers, patting the heads of young customers, then that boy.

he came in 2 minutes before closing time, dropping a book in the pile. the marriage plot.

louis hummed, looking up at him.

"the worst part about religion is religious people."

that erupted a fit of giggles from the customer, and now more than ever, louis wanted to know his name.

"what's your name?" louis tries.

and his smile fell.

his whole body shut down. his shoulders were slumped, a frown replaced his smirk, and he huffed out an apology, striding out the door.

okay, well. the sun was still shining.